Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Rude quilters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samharley
    Hi< Im samharley.New to this site. I am 73. Not to new at quilting, got a lot to learn, but I love to quilt, I have a big problem of buying fabric,I have tons of it,Love it,Love it.I just get into another world when I walk into my sewing room,It's like when i ride my motorcycle,it's me,my bike and the wind.nothing else.Hope someone out there understanders what this is like.Yes I wear boots, not to sew in, LOL I do dress in Biker clothes and leathers,no one would would believe i was a quilter out there. My husband and I travel alot on our bikes .I visit all the Quilt and fabric shops we run into, Love it. I do get a few stares and whispers. But I enjoy life. I did not mean to talk about other things on the post, I was talking about rude peope.I love them, I just smile,stand taller and turn around so they can get the full picture of this Biker Chic that loves God and all his people ( and the rude ones) This site looks like fun ,I have already made the dish towel,folded potholder,& microwave mit, Thanks ya'll
    I'm chuckling away - lots of power to you. In the old, OLD days people thought all bikers were Hell's Angels. Now, they're more likely to be people who love the great outdoors. I LOVE seeing bikers riding by on a beautiful day. DH has a wonderful old (1958) Porsche convertible, and we never put the top on, and we do 'thumbs up' with all the bikers we see.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwolf23
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight
    I've had a similar thing happen to me. I just smile, the in my head Pray for them, LOL that all their fabric dyes to run, their needles to break and bird nests on the back of ALL their future quilts.

Don't let the rudeness of someone else ruin your day. They are the ones who are lacking. You on the other hand are a wonderful Mariners fan. :)
    Like this song?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtzX2ONoT4

You tube link to I Pray for you song lol.
    My husband heard this for the first time the other day and I thought he was going to die laughing...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by angieh1964
    LOL chasing hawk love the pic!
    Thanks !! It was taken up in Virginia City, Nevada.

I have been suffering from menopause for years and I would never make fun of someone else...Unfortunataly there are some who think they are better than others..They'll find out when they meet the big guy upstairs who will probably be wrapped in a quilt..

Quote Originally Posted by Greendragon6889
    I have been suffering from menopause for years and I would never make fun of someone else...Unfortunataly there are some who think they are better than others..They'll find out when they meet the big guy upstairs who will probably be wrapped in a quilt..
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Quote Originally Posted by samharley
    Hi< Im samharley.New to this site. I am 73. Not to new at quilting, got a lot to learn, but I love to quilt, I have a big problem of buying fabric,I have tons of it,Love it,Love it.I just get into another world when I walk into my sewing room,It's like when i ride my motorcycle,it's me,my bike and the wind.nothing else.Hope someone out there understanders what this is like.Yes I wear boots, not to sew in, LOL I do dress in Biker clothes and leathers,no one would would believe i was a quilter out there. My husband and I travel alot on our bikes .I visit all the Quilt and fabric shops we run into, Love it. I do get a few stares and whispers. But I enjoy life. I did not mean to talk about other things on the post, I was talking about rude peope.I love them, I just smile,stand taller and turn around so they can get the full picture of this Biker Chic that loves God and all his people ( and the rude ones) This site looks like fun ,I have already made the dish towel,folded potholder,& microwave mit, Thanks ya'll
    I'm chuckling away - lots of power to you. In the old, OLD days people thought all bikers were Hell's Angels. Now, they're more likely to be people who love the great outdoors. I LOVE seeing bikers riding by on a beautiful day. DH has a wonderful old (1958) Porsche convertible, and we never put the top on, and we do 'thumbs up' with all the bikers we see.
    My daughter was a biker and a quilter. She was in the process of hand quilting a quilt top she'd made from the Harley "scarves" (is that what they are called?) But about 6 yrs ago, her Harley did her in - I really felt sorry for our pastor. I don't think he'd ever conducted a funeral to so much leather and chains.

Let's face it! We have been spoiled by this board...we expect to meet wonderful ppl everywhere :XD:

Blog Entries
    VERY true, Mousie.

and since that's true, why are "we" kvetching for 16 pages about idiots only one of us has encountered and who the rest of us are not likely to encounter? and draggin' up unpleasant moments from our own experiences?

in the grand scheme of things it's a fairly unimportant event.

to heck with the rude ones. let's just take a deep breath, be glad they aren't here and get back to the fun. ;-)

bring in the puppies and balloons, start a chorus of kumbaya, and let's make some s'mores. :-)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10