Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This Santa's little helper is ready to go on strike >

This Santa's little helper is ready to go on strike

This Santa's little helper is ready to go on strike

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

this is why i start my (list of people to make for- ideas of what to make them) in January--and through out the year i make items--table runners/placemats/aprons/pillows...ect- in between other larger projects- some i even go ahead & wrap-put away; generally by Halloween i can do an inventory & see what all i have done & what i may need to finish up. so, no long hours- last minute panic- by Thanksgiving i can enjoy the upcoming festivities & concentrate on stocking stuffers....this year i was a little less organized than usual- so had some after Thanksgiving sewing to do- but still able to enjoy the last couple weeks of the year
Old 12-16-2012, 08:32 AM

I really enjoyed reading your post and all of the comments! I did not do any from the heart Christmas presents this year...so, I feel rather bummed. But with the move and all, the past couple months have been chaotic enough. I do plan on making a list, checking it twice and beginning the new year off with plenty of Christmas ideas!

Everyone have a delightful love filled Holiday!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 AM

ROFL, glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. I have spent Christmas season just like that.
Originally Posted by seamstome View Post
Sewing Sisters let's hear it for our hard work. That Santa up in management doesn't have a clue. He just sits around all day while we pump out all the hard work with no over time pay.

Where is the UAW when you need them......these working conditions are terrible and what ever happened to a 8 hour work day and mandatory breaks....I didnt get lunch til 3 today between running to two different Joann's, Wal-mart, Hobby Lobby and two LQS. I've never heard of a job where you have to to get your own supplies....this Old Saint Nick guy has really got it easy,

Sewed til 1am yesterday (after working my 40 hour regular job) and just finished another 7 hour stint this afternoon. Whose idea was it for everybody to get together for Christmas parties this week??? I'm pretty sure my employment contract says the completion deadline is December 24 not December 18! I think I am going to call an employment attorney about breach of contract.

This sewing room is a pit. Looks like a hurricane went through. Joann's bags everywhere with no time to clean the place up or even take out the trash. Doesn't this place have any janitors???? OSHA would never allow this.

Slave labor Im telling you......This Kris Krengel is a real slave driver. Here's what he put on my work list. Five ten minute tablerunners (that never take me ten minutes for some reason). Four reversible aprons with accent fabrics and pockets on both sides, all made to size from a PXS to a size Woman's 20. One regular pieced tablerunner with matching placemats. A sewing basket. Four 4-in-1 placemats. Five scarves. Three snap purses and an appliqued crib quilt with matching pillow.

Oh yeah I forgot....it makes it all worth it when they open the package up and realize it is something made special for them and not some gift card.

Guess I will wait until 2013 to call for that strike vote, but that Claus guy better get his stuff together earlier next year or I just might go interview with the Easter Bunny--I heard you get better bennies with that guy.

Happy crafting all and hope you all take the time to enjoy the holidays!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM

I envy your organization. Every year I say I will start earlier, (sigh)
Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
this is why i start my (list of people to make for- ideas of what to make them) in January--and through out the year i make items--table runners/placemats/aprons/pillows...ect- in between other larger projects- some i even go ahead & wrap-put away; generally by Halloween i can do an inventory & see what all i have done & what i may need to finish up. so, no long hours- last minute panic- by Thanksgiving i can enjoy the upcoming festivities & concentrate on stocking stuffers....this year i was a little less organized than usual- so had some after Thanksgiving sewing to do- but still able to enjoy the last couple weeks of the year
Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

I always intented to start early!!!! But for some reason this never happens!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 AM

You gotta have a sense of humor to survive!!

That's so funny about Chanukah....half my friends are Jewish and they are all getting presents this Wednesday at Mahjong. They technically arent Christmas presents but we have a "girl friend exchange" this time of year.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 AM

I usually tire myself out so much before Christmas that it is hard to keep going when it gets here. I said not this year, but here I am with the sewing machine still set up to finish some things, most of the gifts still to wrap, none of the candy or cookies made, so maybe next year. But it is so worth it when the family all get here and we can be together. We are blessed.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 AM

what a "hoot"...i hear the overtime night owl, for sure!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 PM

Just finished a double bed quilt for my 8 yr old grandson and have the binding to put on a queen quilt for my daughter. All ready started on next years birthday, graduation and Christmas gifts. My problem is I need to make myself finish up by the end of November so I can enjoy the Christmas season and do my bakeing. Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Loved your post; it made me chuckle! I did not make Christmas gifts for anyone, but I am starting a new quilt for me - no deadline, though.