Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
satisfied w/ fabric quality  from connecting threads ? >

satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ?

satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Old hen
I'm one of those people who doesn't feel obligated to buy only at my LQS.
Me too ;-) I don't feel obligated to spend my money at any one place not even at relatives or friends businesses. If anyone expects to obligate me through loyalty then it better be the best value for my money.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 AM

I agree with someone else who said "you get what you pay for". Also, remember every time you purchase online, you are taking away from your local quilt shop - so, if you want it to be near you, buy locally.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 AM

I'm totally satisfide with the fabrics I bought from Connecting threads. I thinkn they are good.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by shadoh
you get what you pay for. i have purchased from there, i found the prints colourless and dull and the fabric is thin, the service is very good.
+1
Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I'm not a prewasher so I can't comment on shrinkage.

I've enclosed a couple of pictures to show you the threads I'm talking about. The bed of my sewing machine is from sewing 2.5 inch squares for about an hour today. It's all over the bed and extension table. The squares were starched before cutting.

It's messy, but to me, the fabric is still worth it.
I ordered fabrci that was on clearance...washed and dried it.... Talk about threads and raveling. Was very disappointed in the fabric. I usually don't order on clearance and don't usually wash/dry it.....Other fabric that I have ordered that I didn't wash/dry was a dream to work with. Don't know what the problem was but a lesson not to w/d it beforehand. Good luck!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:33 AM

I'm guessing both of you have not bought from Connecting Threads in a while. The colors I've seen are much brighter in the past year or more (they used to be muted and somewhat dull). Also the fabrics have a very nice hand. One reason they can sell them so economically is that in any one collection there will only be a few prints that are more than two colors ~ which judging by photos in quilt magazines, seems to be a favored trend nowadays anyway. I agree with the many quilters here who have found CT fabrics to be just fine.

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
My experience as well.

you get what you pay for. i have purchased from there, i found the prints colourless and dull and the fabric is thin, the service is very good.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM

I think connecting threads gives you MORE than you pay for and they have A+++++ service
Old 06-16-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
has anyone used the solid color/blender fabric from connecting threads? there are lots of colors for less than $3/yd on clearance! i need a LOT of plain colors for backgrounds & i was wondering if you were satisfied with the quality?
THANKS in advance for replies!
I love there fabric.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 AM

I have bought lots of fabric from them and never been disappointed. I prewash and dry in the dryer and have not had any bleeding or shrinking. It ravels some, but not any more that Benartex, RJR, Cranston, or others I have bought.

Regarding LQS, I have 2 within 30 miles. When they can be competitive and not treat me like a second class quilter because I make scrap quilts and won't pay $14 a yard for fabric, then I will shop there.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Me too ~ plus I actually had my quilt develop "pealy balls" after 3 washings which I did not expect from 100% cotton (100% cotton batting too). The fabric has a looser weave and a different feel from LQS fabric. You get what you pay for!!!!

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
My experience as well.