Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
satisfied w/ fabric quality  from connecting threads ? >

satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ?

satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:55 PM

I've been happy with anything I have gotten from Connecting Threads.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:49 PM

I've never had any trouble or complaint with any fabric I got from Connecting Threads, even the $2.90/yard fabric.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:35 PM

doesn't work
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Candela59
Originally Posted by Cathleen Colson
Connecting Threads and Fons/Porter have a deal thru June 28 for 20%off yardage at Connecting Threads. You need to use the code TRYITFP for the discount. I have used the fabric for several years, agree with others that it is better than JoAnn, not quite as good as LQS. No problems with shrinking or running, I don't prewash.
Thanks for the info! I was just working on an order for CT and this will really help! Just don't tell my Hubby! ~grinning~
doesn't work
Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 AM

I have purchased several fat quarter bundles from Connecting Threads and have ALWAYS received good quality fabric. I also purchase their thread and have never been disappointed!! They had a sale the day after Thanksgiving and I bought over $300 worth of various fabrics and loved every piece of it. Their service is excellent, they called me once on the phone to question an order that I goofed up on. If anyone has ever been dissatisfied with anything from Connecting Threads, I would definitely call or email THEM directly, I feel they will stand behind their products however necessary to satisfy a customer. As always, with every company, for every 1,000 satisfied customers there is always a dissatisfied one somewhere.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:21 AM

[Just about finished making a queen size quilt from one of their kits, Moonlight I think was the name of the kit. Have no problem with threads all over. Didn't want to prewash all of the fabrics first so I prewashed a 12 1/2"square and it measured the same after washing and drying in the dryer. Will include some ColorCatchers when I gift the quilt as there are some darker colors in the quilt and I don't want to take a chance on any other them bleeding when the quilt is washed.[/quote]

Have to update my remarks. Just adding the inner board and the fabric provided in the kit was one of the solids, not part of the Moonlight line. The thread count is good but it is fraying a lot more than the other fabrics and is wrinkling a lot. Can't wait to put the outside border on to stop the fraying and wrinkling.

This is the first queen size quilt I've made and boy is it heavy now that I'm putting the boarders on. I usually quilt my quilts myself but this one is going to the longarm quilter for sure.May in Jersey
Old 06-17-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by JANW
Originally Posted by Candela59
Originally Posted by Cathleen Colson
Connecting Threads and Fons/Porter have a deal thru June 28 for 20%off yardage at Connecting Threads. You need to use the code TRYITFP for the discount. I have used the fabric for several years, agree with others that it is better than JoAnn, not quite as good as LQS. No problems with shrinking or running, I don't prewash.
Thanks for the info! I was just working on an order for CT and this will really help! Just don't tell my Hubby! ~grinning~
doesn't work
I used this yesterday. My total went from $58 to $51. I had other things in my cart besides fabric so not all items were discounted and I qualified for free shipping! :thumbup:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by shadoh
you get what you pay for. i have purchased from there, i found the prints colourless and dull and the fabric is thin, the service is very good.
You are one of the few I have hear that doesn't like their fabric. Most like it and their service as well. It is fast. Jan
Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
what about washing & shrinkage? any problems there?
It is cotton so of course it is going to shrink some. Use color catchers if you are worried about bleeding or use Rhytane(sp). Jan
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM

I have been VERY satisfied with the fabric from CT.