Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: scrappy quilts using 2.5" squares

Wow, so many ideas. Ill never get to sleep tonight!

Hi. I have made an easy quilt top from small sqs. Its called Country Checkers. I forgot where but if you google the quilt name .... It consists of 5 rows of 5 sqs(25 in all), then make a large pinwheel of lt and darks and use as a set between the checker blocks. It is set on point. I gave this as a gift and another friend wants to do one to use her stash of small sqs. It is easier than it sounds. Best of luck Okie quilter.
    Okie quilter

I knew this was the right place to ask. I will need more 2.5" squares to do the great ideas that you have all shared. Thanks so much and I have sewing to do!! Will try to post a pic when I get something done.
    Michelle

Blog Entries
    Just got my Dec. issue of BH&G american patchwork and quilting. I'm starting to collect 2.5" squares as we type for the quilt on the cover. It will take a while to complete but WOW!

It might not help with the quick and simple you are looking for but it has the 2.5" requirement!

I still like to do simple 9P on point for fast quilts. It takes half as many pieced blocks when you alternate them with a filler fabric. They get big real fast and look good too.

hope you find what you are looking for.
    peace

EDIT: There are some great ideas shown here from all the site suggestions. More for me to add to my ever growing list! Thename of the quilt I am going to start is called Charming Addition
    Last edited by ube quilting; 11-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I do a 2.5" swap 4 times a year at The Curious Quilter. For those without a stash they have people who donate 50 squares to help people get started. You might want to sign up for next years swaps to help build a stash or add variety.

You can also check out Swap Bot. Folks run all kinds of swaps there (for all kinds of things). There are a few fabric ones and at least one "scrap vomit" swap for 2.5 inch charms.

check out Katy's scrap vomit quilt, I'm only on block 2 lol http://imagingermonkey.blogspot.co.u...t-makes-4.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2