Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing alone or with friends? >

Sewing alone or with friends?

Sewing alone or with friends?

Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 PM

:) For years my best friend came each Monday evening adn Wednesday afternoons,another friend joined us on Wednesday.We had a grand time. We haven't done that for ages. We would talk and laugh and fix all the worlds problems.
We even sewed.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:40 PM

I usually sew alone. None of my friends share my love for sewing/quilting. My oldest DD will sit in the kitchen with me sometimes when I sew.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:09 PM

I sew alone . I don't have any quilting friends and no LQS. I do belong to a guild but its an hour away so I don't go every month. It's hard to get to know the guild members as everyone comes the meeting just when it starts and leaves as soon as it's over. Probably why I don't feel guilty about missing meetings or the drive.
I also belong to a group that meets the 1st Sat. of the month but usually I'm so excited to be with other quilters that I don't get much done. Also if I have to work on that Sat. I miss that meeting and sewing session as well. Fortunately this group has a quilt retreat twice a year for 3 days. I try to make every one and just love it!! It's truly my favorite vacation !!!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:41 PM

I sew alone most of the time. It is my way to relax and enjoy doing something that I love to do. Sometimes, though, I get together with a friend. She is a new quilter and wow, is she hooked. I am helping her learn some techniques and she does beautiful work. We go shopping for fabric of course, but sometimes we get together for a stitch and bitch. We go out for lunch and then sit and sew all afternoon. We have a lot of fun.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:41 PM

I sew alone most of the time. It is my way to relax and enjoy doing something that I love to do. Sometimes, though, I get together with a friend. She is a new quilter and wow, is she hooked. I am helping her learn some techniques and she does beautiful work. We go shopping for fabric of course, but sometimes we get together for a stitch and bitch. We go out for lunch and then sit and sew all afternoon. We have a lot of fun.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:57 PM

I usually quilt alone. Not many of my friends quilt. If we get together - as others on this board have said - we don't get much more than conversation done.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:01 PM

I sew with a friend once a week. She is very good at it and has taught me a lot. We get a lot done.......much more than I get done alone.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 PM

I like to quilt alone except once a Month I have joined a group of about 10 ladies,we come & go as we wish, it is a great way to learn new patterns & ideas.

Darlene Vogt, Fennimore Wi
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 PM

I always quilt alone. I don't know anyone that even quilts. I thought about checking at my LQS because they have different things going on especially in the winter but I haven't done that yet. Maybe someday
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by annette1952
I always quilt alone. I don't know anyone that even quilts. I thought about checking at my LQS because they have different things going on especially in the winter but I haven't done that yet. Maybe someday
What is an LQS?