Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Sewing machine Help please!

The red light that you say is not coming on, does that indicate that there is an electrical current going to your machine. If indicates "power" and it is not coming on then it sounds like your machine is not receiving the electrical current.
    Try plugging a blow dryer into the same plug as your machine is plugged into.
    You may have blown a circuit...or a fuse. Or there may be something wrong with your foot pedal.
    If you are able to hand turn your needle to go up and down then it sounds like all is intack in that department.
    Sorry for you problems. I can not sew for a week but let my machine be in the shop and I have all kinds of projects that I want to work on.
    Good luck..
    Lynn

I think she said that the red light is blinking like crazy...but I will have to read through the back posts to be sure. Isn't it frustrating when something that new, should work but for some unexplained reason, just stops working? I would not have been so patient, I would probably have whacked it several times by now!

Yup Nursie...you are right the red light is stuck on. So much for that theory...

most of the machines today which have a computer screen only need oil in the bobbin hook.

Make sure the cord is pushed in tight to the machine and/or the wall. My hand wheel was hard to turn & it was not pushed completely in at the machine. Just a thought!

Hey all,
    It finally works now, we took it all appat and I found a piece of foam stuck on a wire so took it off then I held down 2 of the buttons on the front (hoping that would reset it)I am not sure what happened but now it works again. Thanks everyone for all your help. I really appreciate it.
    Hugs to all! YAY!

Glad to hear it's finally working. Have fun with it.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Aullyyyyyy, know you are happy to be back stitching again!!!!
    Hugs and smilessssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Aully
    I got the machine last year for my birthday in March from my boyfriend Brian. It is from Costco, The make is Singer and model numer is 4166. You can not disable the start stop button you just use the foot pedal to sew instead. I have taken the bobin area all appart and cleaned it, I have not oiled it lately. Maybe it got tired of me using it for the 2 hours straight. lol! I don't have anything magnetic aroung my machine just metal which are my sewing scisors. I have looked on the Singer website and they don't even have my machine on it, nothing in the forums either. I will try calling the 800 number tonight. I have been so stressed out with this that I have been sick with a migraine ever since. :( Thanks everyone for all your wounderful replys.
    I am sure glad you got it running...it is sooooo frustrating to be stuck in the middle of a project and have machine problems. Glad you did not have to take it to the shop and have them keep it for 3 weeks!

Ok so now it's catchup time for all those swaps.
    Have fun, happy stitching.Will mail more mags tomorrow.

Hey all,
    It finally works now, we took it all appat and I found a piece of foam stuck on a wire so took it off then I held down 2 of the buttons on the front (hoping that would reset it)I am not sure what happened but now it works again. Thanks everyone for all your help. I really appreciate it.
    Hugs to all! YAY!
    Where was the foam stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by MiMi in Lutz
    Hey all,
    Hugs to all! YAY!
    Where was the foam stuck?
    Where the thread on the top goes around on the inside of the machine.

I am so glad that your machine is up and running and you up and quilting! WhoHoo!

Great to know you fixed it with out spending money on it again. When my Janome9000 died I had to wait a week to get enough money up to buy a new machine, but just bought a cheap one as that was all I had. I did get $200 off as it was on sale. Yayy for you.

Blog Entries
    If its fairly new I would take it back to the store and see if they can repair it.

I had a similar problem when the transformer on the power pole out side blew while I was sewing. About had a stroke about the price of the mother board. Called hubby at work, he told me to turn the machine over and look for a red button. Yessss, my Singer had a surge protector, pushed the button and voila it started to sew again. Hope this works for you.

Costco is super good about accepting returns. My Brother dies after 13 months and as there were NO Brother repair places within 100 miles I took it back. Costco keeps a computer record of everything you purchase so there's no problem with a receipt or lack thereof

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4