Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machine Surprise!

Can I be your friend too, huh? Please Please Please!!!

What a wonderful friend you are! There is a special place in Heaven for friends like you...have a great weekend!!

I would set both machines up, maybe on the Dining Room table
    like you are goin to sew together and when she ask where you got the machine say why someone left this here for you.

I have a Lily and wouldn't part with it for the world. Great machines. I have a newer Viking, but always sit down at the Lily.

Take a picture for us.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by so-sew
    I thought about making her a pincushion that looks something like a water lily and then giving it to her as a gift. After opening it, I could say "Oh, wait a minute. There is a second part to this lily present." Then I could bring it out.

Otherwise, I thought about setting it on my sewing table with a big wrapped box over it and then lifting off the box saying "Surprise!" I have the original packaging so I could just wrap it too.

Keep the ideas coming. I love them! You are all so creative.
    I just LOVE the box on the sewing table idea!

What a special gift, you have a true and loving heart to do something so special without wanting anything in return

Very nice of you to do this for your friend. I would wrap the manual as a gift
    and give it to her while she's sipping a cup of tea or something. Get the
    camera and the Kleenex ready. :)

Such a good friend you are. Maybe while she is there work on a project together and somewhere on the machine (maybe the back or if it has a little compartment where you keep accessories you might put a little note of some kind) - just an idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbols
    What a lovely surprise for your friend. Add a small kit so she has something to work on to try out her new machine. Or you can make up some samples of pretty fabric for just testing out the stitches. Have fun.
    You have received many great ideas, but I LOVE the idea of some pretty samples of fabric for testing out the stitches and "playing" with her new gift; learning all of its functions and getting the feel of her new machine. What fun! Have a wonderful visit. God bless you both!

Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie
    Great ideas for you, I particularly like Compulsive Quilter's suggestion. LOL
    me too!

Blog Entries
    It is getting close to Easter, you could get her a Lily flower and set it in front of the Lily machine. Put a note in front that says something like, please take care of us, water and clean when necessary.

Blog Entries
    I also have the "Lily" and had it for about 8 years and no trouble with her. I'm sure your friend will be delighted!! You're a great Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter41
    I would set both machines up, maybe on the Dining Room table
    like you are goin to sew together and when she ask where you got the machine say why someone left this here for you.

I have a Lily and wouldn't part with it for the world. Great machines. I have a newer Viking, but always sit down at the Lily.

Take a picture for us.
    I would do this and say I bought it for you and I to sew together. Have fun sewing for the time she is staying with you. And at the end of her stay, I would tell her it was to go home with her.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    You could put a label in the owner's manual with her name on it. Then you could ask her to help you "understand" something about that machine by looking it up in the book.

Or you can do like I did recently: Handed off the extension table and a SID foot. Of course a puzzled look followed. I said, "well, if you are interested, there is a machine that goes with it." teehehe It felt good!

Blog Entries
    I like OzarksGma's idea! I had such fun sewing with my deceased friend...she's the one who got me restarted with sewing. So set the machines out to sew with...ask her what she thinks of the machine she is sewing on, several times throughout the stay and when it's time for her to leave be sure it's packed up with her things by the door. She will love it and you! I also like the idea of a kit to send with her to sew on til you meet again. Have a great time catching up with each other and enjoy your time together, cuz you never know...

However you decide to give it to her take a picture and post it please!

Blog Entries
    WOW, what a great friend you are, so very caring, I would let her work on it for the weekend, then ask her how she like it, then say good, because its yours

Have a wonderful time.

Put it on the table/area where you plan to do your sewing and say 'look at the new machine I got, isn't it wonderful?' then after she ooohss and awwwws, say

Surprise.... its yours!

How nice of you. Let us know what you decide and how she reacts.
    Have a great weekend. :thumbup:

You are a wonderful friend, all idea's sound good - so good luck choosing. Let us all know how surprised she was.

I would say to her, "I am so thrilled that you are visiting me. While you are here I'd like you to try my new machine and see what you think of it?" When she tries it and likes it just say, "I am so glad you like it. Your friendship means so much to me, I wanted to do something special for you. The machine is yours with love".
    I love surprises.

Sorry, I didn't see the one above mine that is similar.

Thats a good one. I like that. What a friend I love giving it is so special and ment with love God bless you. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    You could wrap up a chain saw and say "wait - I think that's the wrong Husqvarna product" lol
    You are a dear friend for giving such a thoughtful gift. Bless you!!
    On another note: My husband priced a Husqvaqrna tractor/mower today and his only comment was "it's cheaper than your machine". We had a good laugh over that.

You have no idea how much joy you will be bringing into yoour friends life when you present her with the machine. I was blown away when a friend of mine did the same thing. The loving gratitude I have for her can never be matched. You're a terrific friend to think of making her happy!

How are you managing to keep from telling her? What a great thing to do for your friend.

Please post photographs and tell us about her reaction.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast