Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Room Question >

Sewing Room Question

Sewing Room Question

Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM

A design wall is wonderful and headliner fabric-used in cars-makes a great design wall. Don't have to use pins, the quilt blocks cling to the fabric. I got mine at Hancock's Fabrics in the upholstery fabric section.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
My husband took our under bed drawers from our waterbed and stacked them up. We then made a top for it covered in several layers of cotton batting and I covered it with teflon fabric. I don't think I could live without my storage in the drawers and the nice big ironing surface. I can iron a lot of fabric at one time. Almost all of my sewing, quilting and misc. "stuff" is stored in those 12 drawers.
Beth, your room is FABULOUS!!! I love all of your storage and the huge ironing surface.:mrgreen:
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
pal

When my DIL redid the kitchen I took all of the old cabinets. We mounted the top ones on the wall for my fabric. Since there were fewer bottom cabinets, we spaced them under the top one, one on each eand and one in the middle - leaving room between them so that I would have space to "hide" things that I needed but didn't want to show.
Then we put fiberboard on top of the bottom cabinets and little curtains in front of the two blank spaces. So I have a 12' by 2'counter top where I can cut, iron and sew. It's down in the basement so it's also handy for folding laundry.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM

mine is private,towards back of house.put shelves in closet for fabric,leave enough space towards bottom to slide in boxes or totes. I have a large cutting table with large cutting mat, a bookshelf,pegboard for hanging tools,rulers,etc.Grace quilting frame, tv ironing board. I also put up a flannel curtain to cover opening of closet and use it as my design wall. The drapes to the windows are quilts.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Dee

This is the first time I really have a sewing room. I love my cutting table and windows. DH ran elect. wire to new outlets. So I have enough for the computer, radio, lights, iron and elect. strips. Now I need a huge storage for my fabric, as fabric is still in boxes. I like the recycled drawers. Wish I had some. I have the rollie storage drawers. I'll take some pictures and post them.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM

wonderful set up.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Power Poster

I have utility cabinets (base and wall) which is nice because the doors help keep things clean BUT I have my fabric in bins througout these cabinets and I have to pull out the bins as I am looking for fabric.

Love the laminate floor - no pins in a carpet.

Love my cabinet with the glass doors that holds the books. Love my tv and hubby's visitor chair.

Not enough space for all of the stations required (well, let's say it's really tight).

I wish I had a design wall.

Wish I had a better way to store my threads in a way that makes sense.

Wish I had a light that didn't glare off the rulers.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:13 AM

Dear Featherweight,
Did you clean your room before having us visit?!?!
MY room has never loked that clean.
It is beautiful. Kudos to all our great guys who do the "I was thinking if......."
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Where did you get that sewing table. It looks like it is exactly what I am looking for.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Featherweight, I would love to have your sewing room!