Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Should this make me cautious? >

Should this make me cautious?

Should this make me cautious?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:15 PM

everyone has to learn,and sounds to me like she just learnt a good bit of info..and now she can pass it on.
new stores don't always know all the right answers.....and sometimes even old stores don't.I have spoke to some people who know lots But not all.
Char
Old 05-13-2011, 01:54 PM

well, could be several things. What we know we are saying is not what the other person pictures. She may have been past her chocolate break or she actually was a thief trying to make it look like she worked there to try and throw you off from the fact she had the owner wrapped in batting and tied with empbroidery floss stashed in the back
Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 PM

She sounds fine, just don't ask for any quilting advice.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 PM

I've been quilting for 15 years, and do not know what a "chalk pounce" is. Obviously something with chalk in it?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:33 PM

Just use your good judgment about what you hear...if you like it, try it, if not ignore it. Forgive the poor lady, I don't know what I am talking about half the time either.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
well, could be several things. What we know we are saying is not what the other person pictures. She may have been past her chocolate break or she actually was a thief trying to make it look like she worked there to try and throw you off from the fact she had the owner wrapped in batting and tied with empbroidery floss stashed in the back
LOL
So, Writerwomen, do you write crime novels?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Dee

Afraid to see the shelf empty or didn't want to end what she was doing in back. Maybe someone should tell her the items are to sell not store.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:19 AM

I have used the chalk pounce to mark my quilts for a long time. Unless something has changed the white is the only one that you remove with a hot iron. I do hand quilting when I do a large area I like taking it off as I go. Don't forget to iron your quilt to remove the chalk before washing . I called the company when I was selling the product to see if they had colors and they cannot make color that can be removed with heat. so I suggest use the color and to see if it washes out ok before you mark your quilt. Suggest to your shop to get informed keep this ready to demo they will increase their sales.
I love the pounce original only white.
Hope this is helpful.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 AM

I have to agree with dixiechunk. It seems like a lot of you are being very critical. What happened to "there are no silly questions". I wonder if you don't reallize how critical you sound. The people here on the board are usually very nice. Maybe everyone needs a chocolate break. Every store I have been to have some employees who know something about a part of quilting. When you put them all together, they know a lot. No one knows everything there is to know. Give her a break.
Sue