Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Siggie Quilt

I don't think I would take on a tremendous project such as your bow tie quilt (wish I could see a picture of it). You might say I am not that "dedicated", and I truly admire you for doing this. Someday you will receive payback -- someone will do something truly wonderful for you!!!

Catching all these busy teenagers is the reason I instructed Cara to carry some blocks and pen in her backpack to take advantage of every opportunity. I will probably duplicate this project for two younger (4 and 6 yrs) grandchildren several years down the line if I am not too old and feeble by that time.

I'm not sure how to post a picture. I love and miss him. He came in the surgery center as I was typing my comment. I stood up and got a hug from him. He let me borrow his wifes Mercedes for a few days. My car in the shop. em

Great memory for her!

Quote Originally Posted by emilyadair
    I'm not sure how to post a picture. I love and miss him. He came in the surgery center as I was typing my comment. I stood up and got a hug from him. He let me borrow his wifes Mercedes for a few days. My car in the shop. em
    I know what you mean. I worked for a physician for almost 20 years when we lived in NM. He is now 87 yrs. old, and I haven't seen him in many years, but I still think of him. He was such a good boss, and a good boss is an exception rather than the rule!!

Lovely idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJay
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyadair
    I know what you mean. I worked for a physician for almost 20 years when we lived in NM. He is now 87 yrs. old, and I haven't seen him in many years, but I still think of him. He was such a good boss, and a good boss is an exception rather than the rule!!
    I'd like to add that in spite of me liking him so much, I still would not have made him a bow tie quilt!!!

Wow - what a great idea. When I was in high school, I had an autograph book that I had my friends sign. I still have it from the 50's and love to look back at it and read it. Many memories!

I did the siggy memory quilt for my youngest daughter for her wedding. All the guests as her bridal showers, wedding and reception got to sign a block and then I put it together with some wedding photos. She and her new husband loved it. When she had her first child, her baby spit up on it and she washed it and some of the ink faded from the pictures so it got distorted even though I set the photo transfers. She know now hangs it and doesn't use it where her girls could spill or spit up on it.

I did the siggy memory quilt for my youngest daughter for her wedding. All the guests as her bridal showers, wedding and reception got to sign a block and then I put it together with some wedding photos. She and her new husband loved it. When she had her first child, her baby spit up on it and she washed it and some of the ink faded from the pictures so it got distorted even though I set the photo transfers. She know now hangs it and doesn't use it where her girls could spill or spit up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Great idea. Remember the autograph hound dogs from the 50's? ( I think it was the 50's.) The quilt will last much longer!!!
    I went to a church service for the graduates in our parish today and at the reception, I saw graduates going around with the AUTOGRAPH HOUND DOGS AND PENS. I thought I had gone back in time. What is it they say?-- What goes around, comes around.

You are so thoughtful! and I agree about her making the quilt with you. not only will it give her ownership, but a cherished memory with you, a closeness that just the two of you will have!

i did that for my grandsons kindegarden teacher the kids traced there hand and signed it the teacher loved it , his class was her last one as she was retiring that year !! it is a great way to remember her good times at school

Oh - that's a good idea....how about adding a picture of each friend????

Excellent idea! Better than a lot of signatures on a scrap of paper!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that is such a great thing to do for her, she will treasure it forever. God bless. Penny

Great idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2