Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Siggie Quilt >

Siggie Quilt

Siggie Quilt

Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM

Sounds like you have your hands full. I look forward to seeing a picture of your finished quilt.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:22 PM

This is an awesome idea! So much better than just signing a yearbook like we used to do.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 AM

This is a wonderful memory for her.
But don't forget to add the date, plus the school
and town. That will be important to her own kids
should they not be raised in her home town.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM

I am in the process of making an autograph quilt for my DD Speech & Drama Coach. We are going to try to get as many former team members to sign it also. So it probably will not be done until the end of summer. Just try to catch all of those busy teenagers and young adults! All of you are right - it will be a cherished gift.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM

I made a "Bow Tie" quilt for a Doctor that has retired. He was the founder of the practice. He wore bow ties most of the time. I got 23 neck ties from his wife, took them apart(took me 4 months) stabilized them and with unbleached muslin I made bow tie blocks. Each bloch was alternated with a signature block. The signature blocks were from
Doctors he had worked with over the past 40 years, patients that he had treated and past employees that have either moved or retired. One patient he treated while in Vietnam. I didn't put any batting in it, would have been too heavy. It ended up being 7 foot square. I did put a sleeve on the back before putting the back on it. Did I mention that I have been with this practice almost 31 years. She will enjoy the signature quilt. My Doc. does. Em
Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 AM

I don't think I would take on a tremendous project such as your bow tie quilt (wish I could see a picture of it). You might say I am not that "dedicated", and I truly admire you for doing this. Someday you will receive payback -- someone will do something truly wonderful for you!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:57 AM

Catching all these busy teenagers is the reason I instructed Cara to carry some blocks and pen in her backpack to take advantage of every opportunity. I will probably duplicate this project for two younger (4 and 6 yrs) grandchildren several years down the line if I am not too old and feeble by that time.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 AM

I'm not sure how to post a picture. I love and miss him. He came in the surgery center as I was typing my comment. I stood up and got a hug from him. He let me borrow his wifes Mercedes for a few days. My car in the shop. em
Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Great memory for her!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by emilyadair
I'm not sure how to post a picture. I love and miss him. He came in the surgery center as I was typing my comment. I stood up and got a hug from him. He let me borrow his wifes Mercedes for a few days. My car in the shop. em
I know what you mean. I worked for a physician for almost 20 years when we lived in NM. He is now 87 yrs. old, and I haven't seen him in many years, but I still think of him. He was such a good boss, and a good boss is an exception rather than the rule!!