Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Quantum L-500 - does anyone have this machine? >

Singer Quantum L-500 - does anyone have this machine?

Singer Quantum L-500 - does anyone have this machine?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

J made a straight stitch. The third one didn't even have a rat's nest (I had to rethread the machine a few times to get the hang of "proper needle position"). Now I am pushing all the buttons - there sure is a lot of beeping and non-action going on. lol

Tomorrow I need to take new pics. The flash won't go off and the pics on my PDA are a bit dark.

Pat's a country boy - he better be used to ripped shirts. teehehe
Old 04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like fun ... soon you will be whipping out all kinds of neat things :thumbup:
Old 04-29-2010, 06:57 AM

I'm waiting for those pictures. <fingers tapping on desk>
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I ordered a Singer Quantum years ago from HSN. It has never given me any problems. It was one of the first Quantums made. The stitches are perfect. I use this machine for all my machine applique, it sews perfect satin stitches. I can use any type of thread with no trouble. I don't know how the new Quantums are but mine is worth every penny I paid for it.

If the foot pedal is the air tube, buy clear tubing from a hardware store and slit it open lengthwise to slip over the foot control tube. I dropped a rotary cutter and it cut the tube. I had to buy a new foot control.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If the foot pedal is the air tube, buy clear tubing from a hardware store and slit it open lengthwise to slip over the foot control tube. I dropped a rotary cutter and it cut the tube. I had to buy a new foot control.
Thanks BellaBoo for the additional positive review. Since I have no idea what you mean by "air tube" I don't think I have that. I really like the foot pedal - it is metally, industrial looking and very smooth.

OK - lesson #2: When changing the foot, make sure the stitch you select actually works with that foot OOOOOOR you break the needle - lol

I played all evening and had a good time. She is a little louder than my other machines and some of that may be new machine syndrome. With a few hours under her belt, she may run smoother.

She sure has a nice selection of feet and the 1/4" foot is scant. (tried that last night). So far, there is more to like than dislike. I told Pat that I need to do a "real" project - not just sew like mad on scraps. He said he dreamt that I sewed slip covers for EVERYTHING in the house - even the bed. It had pockets for the pillows. ROFL.

Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23208.jpe   attachment-23209.jpe  
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

im glad you like your machine, It was too loud for me, I like to sew when my family sleeps sometimes.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

So what is todays project ???? Glad you are having fun learning all the neat new stuff :thumbup:

Tell Pat his chairs slip cover will have two pockets for all his manly things LOL (ie, remote controls ! LOL)
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
So what is todays project ???? Glad you are having fun learning all the neat new stuff :thumbup:

Tell Pat his chairs slip cover will have two pockets for all his manly things LOL (ie, remote controls ! LOL)
Glad you clarified! ROFL!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM

So....still loving it today? Be careful with that wrong foot for the stitch thing. I've had needles break off and fly towards my eyes doing that:<

How's the quilted shirt for hubby coming;>
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

I guess some of the first computer machines has air to operate the foot control. I have no idea how that works or where the air comes from but it does. The cord from the foot control to the machine is a black tube. No electric connection at all. I thought about this foot petal way too much to be normal and still haven't figured out how this works.