Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sister and quilting. >

Sister and quilting.

Sister and quilting.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM

I have a wonderful sister but our interest are different. I love quilting and hand work, her not so much. She is very involved in her church and her family. We have a great time together when we are able to get together which isn't very often. I have a wonderful pen pal that I met on this board. We had both just lost our husbands and it's been wonderful having someone to write and vent to when I need to or just share the love of quilting and family that we have.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 AM

wish my sister liked quilting. would love to spend time with her. actually i wish she liked any crafting. so, i make up for it with my woman sisters. we get together every friday night, have dinner, talk, laugh, and quilt. also, get together with another small group on wednesday afternoons.

for some reason quilting is really fun with others.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:30 AM

You are so lucky to have a sister. Mine is gone now, but I often think of her when I sew and imagine how we might have worked on projects together if things had been different.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Me, too! My sister passed away from Lupus complications a few years ago. She, our niece (who was more like a sister) and I quilted every Wed. and laughed so much and sewed like crazy, sharing stashes. My niece moved to R.I., and I am working on setting up a group of quilters in our church. I miss both of them terribly, but I did start back quilting finally. It was a while before I could even sew or quilt by myself.

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
What wonderful memories that gave me. My sister and I used to quilt together and I really miss her. I think of her now when I sew and I remember all of the giggles and tears we shared. Nothing compares! Enjoy!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My sister taught me to quilt in 1992 and then we took classes together and went on retreats. We would go to her basement and I'd set up my sewing machine and we'd quilt for hours. We went shopping together also. I have such fond memories of this time we had together. She died in 2003 when she was only 53. Oh how I miss her. I am now an avid quilter because of her. I inherited most of her quilting supplies. Her daughter got her Bernina machine and all her beautiful quilt blocks. I sure wish she would learn to quilt and finish up those quilts. Maybe I'll ask her to mail me the blocks and finish them up for her. Sure wish I had my sister back badly.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:47 AM

It sounds like you and your sister had a great time!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM

Sounds like you had fun. I wish my sister would learn to quilt, but she has absolutely no interest.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM

I know how lucky you are. My sister has not gotten into the how making a full quilt yet but when she was here last summer she cut out pieces for placemats. She also spent hours both in Montana and California helping me pick out the pieces for the quilt I am making her. I will never forget that time and can't wait for her to come again this summer so we can work on it together. I am just plain lucky as my younger sister is indeed my best friend.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:33 PM

I wish i had a sister also!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:46 PM

I really, really wish i had a sister, too!!!!

Originally Posted by up north View Post
i just wish i had a sister!!