Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
slump >

slump

slump

Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 AM

It's surely the season: waiting for spring. Here's some tips: write and tell that you've already done/sent something that is due, and then your conscience will kick in and make you do it! The inner mind does not like contradiction; hence, it will motivate you to eliminate the cause of the problem. Also, take a walk outdoors every day to check on the spring flowers, to see how the are coming along.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM

I think you are just in a "blue" mood. It does happen to all of us. It happened to me after my heart attack and other complications. I couldn't even walk into my room. After 3-4 weeks I was able to get thngs done. Looking at magazines helpted. I started with something small and it was seeing the progress that helped. You need to talk to yourself and get yourself going. Lisa was right a kick will help. My husband told me to quit feeling sorry for myself!! That helped! Get going kiddo!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

David I agree with the others about needing sunshine. My daughter just returned from working in Maine for 5 weeks and everytime I talked to her it was either snowing, cloudy, or just gloomy. I suggest turning on as many lights as you can in your sewing area; even if they're the ones you only use when doing detail work, put on some upbeat music, and start going thru your stash. Start by pairing up some orphan fabrics or sorting out scraps that could be a project. Look at the little "picture" instead of the large and start on something small or quick. I've been there myself and sometimes we have to be our own cheerleader.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 AM

It is this horrible weather. I know a guy who bought a bright light and he sits under it every morning and says it helps him get going every day. Just close your eyes, sit in the warmth of the light and think about nothing.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM

When I picked one of my friends up for a guild meeting last night we were talking about the same thing. We have both been feeling the same way. I did get 9 pillow cases done for grandkids for Easter, other than that - I have tons of stuff to do, and right now it seems like work instead of fun.
I even was at a quilt show and expo a couple of weeks ago and bought lots more fabric. I got some new fabric with poppies on it for a new quilt for my bed - now that I have it home, I'm just happy to look at it...
It must be catchy - this not wanting to quilt.
Maybe we need to challege each other to get off our behinds and get going on something.
OK - this is an offical challenge - walk away from the computer and go to your stash or WIP, and get sewing for 1/2 hour to an hour!!!!
I'm going now!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 AM

Cheer up everyone we're just starting to get over the winter blahs. Sunny days are ahead Dont feel quilty have a cup of coffee and rax
Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 AM

need some nice warm sunny days so we can open the windows and let the gloom out and the fresh in
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 AM

I think it's a matter of being bored. Maybe you need a trip to the fabric store to brighten your mood!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 AM

A good spring tonic might help.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM

I find if I just start before I know it I got my groove back! Hang in there and I agree with everyone else; we all need sunshine!