Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
small world...many quilters >

small world...many quilters

small world...many quilters

Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM

Quilters seem to have an instant connection... I've never met a quilter I didn't like! I'm lucky in my small town to have two quilting groups to go to every week. In one, we bring our own project and lunch and just get together at a local church to sew, knit, quilt, and chat! The other is a potluck lunch every week and we all sit around a quilt frame and hand quilt. We take turns putting our quilt "up" to be quilted. And I'm very lucky to have two quilting friends who take a quilting vacation with me every year. We do a little sight-seeing, a little fabric shopping, a little cooking, a little eating out, and a LOT of sewing, talking and laughing. Everyone should have a special quilting friend!!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:43 AM

I am new to quilting and live in the country on a horse farm. Thanks to this forum I met a fellow quilter who lives about 10 miles from me and is also new to quilting and also has horses. We PM back & forth discussing trying to find out if our little town had a guild and low and behold she found one and we have attended two sessions and met a great group of ladies and are learning much. We were both very lucky to find a friend with whom we have so much in common.
Jinnie
Old 03-06-2010, 06:04 PM

I had joined a guild and met alot of nice people there well this one lady and I got talking and here to find out she had lived not very far from me in the same township about 3miles apart.She had just moved there about 8 mos. well we exchanged numbers and I don't know what happened but I had lost it and at the time I had so much going on in my life and I had to move again. I had went back to the meetings and it was awhile since I had been to one well she was there and I was so glad to see her again and guess what we are the best of friends and we go to different quilt shops and shows together and she has helped me so much about quilting and when I go over to her house I have a nice time visiting with her and her husband and we also talk or work quilting.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:52 PM

I had no idea that there was a whole sub culture made up of quilters! They have their own language and are usually very generous and helpful and nice people.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM

I just returned from a quilting retreat. There were quilters there from about a 60 mile radius. What lovely women. We had a super time and oh my saw some of the most beautiful quilts. I have a very close quilting friend and we live, eat and breathe quilts. We both belong to a local quilt club.