Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So aggravated with myself >

So aggravated with myself

So aggravated with myself

Old 09-26-2014, 03:30 AM

I totally agree. I subscribe to that magazine and loved the same quilt. Totally disappointed when I read the instructions.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:42 AM

That was a favorite of mine also. I saved the few that I had subscribed to and then they went out of business.
Joanne
Old 09-26-2014, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

The raw edge is very popular and a big seller at our guild's sale table. We sold out of all our raw edge quilts and rag quilts at the last craft show the guild vended. One member took orders for four Kansas Trouble Five and Dime quilts. Those are perfect for older boys. Teens love rag and raw edge quilts.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:06 AM

I never buy a magazine unless there is a pattern in it that I really want to make have never thought of people taking pictures of magazines but guess it is because I would never do it so I never buy a magazine that I cannot glance through I also find more free patterns than I can ever use to seldom even glance at a magazine I have hundreds from the good old days with more fun patterns than I can ever use
Old 09-26-2014, 05:44 AM

I have been ripped off buying magazines in sleeves. I just avoid them unless I have already seen it and know of a pattern that I want to make out of it. Of course, I have pretty much stopped buying magazines.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

That woman is indeed stealing from the magazine company, if patterns are online that's one thing, but to take pictures from quilt magazines is just WRONG.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:54 PM

I rarely buy magazines in plastic sleeves. I've felt cheated too many times. There have been some cute baby quilts on the cover, but when you open it up you find it is not an applique pattern but a purchased panel so you don't need to sew anything at all. Taking photo of patterns in the store is not right, but sharing a pattern/magazine you've purchased would be. Only one person could use it at a time. Think of a book. You read it, you give it to a friend who reads it, she give it to another friend or back to you, .... That's how a purchase works.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 PM

I see it both ways, as the publisher they don't want people taking pictures of quilt instructions thus loosing a sale, but on the other hand I don't want to purchase a magazine that I can't see the patterns inside. And with all the free online patterns who really needs to purchase magazines. It's a catch "22" in my opinion.
Jeri
Old 09-27-2014, 12:29 AM

That is some nerve to take pics of a magazine in a store. Wow. That said, I also won't buy them in sleeves. I've been disappointed too many times. I've quit buying magazines and switched to digital recently. LOVE it so far but it is way too easy to go overboard. So far I only have one quilt mag subscription but I've been eyeing others.