Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So that all who responded can read this..... >

So that all who responded can read this.....

So that all who responded can read this.....

Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM

I thank you for being you and helping our service men.you bring a happy tear to my eye and a big smile to my heart. I am honored to be on this loving board It's just wonderful. just a thought sad one . But what happens if you don't get enough quilts. How do they decide who does and who dosent' get one. Well we wont worry about that lets just sew are hearts out and get them all a blanket.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM

I thank you for giving me the opportunity to so something for our troops in a personal way. I am still working on one and I plan to quilt this one as I know you said it had gotten hard to ge a lot of help because of the holidays. It is amazing what just one person can do. Thanks again.

God Bless you and our troops.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

thanks for sharing!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

It would be good if those on this list write a letter to the fabric company. I am sure Jan will forward them on.
So few do write thank you letters when the fabric companies donate that letters are appreciated. Some years ago I read and responded to letters asking for donations from one fabric company. I rarely saw a letter thanking them for their contributions.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM

What a profound statement! One I will remember, and use.

Thank you. GG
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Why, we even received "miles" of backing fabrics just recently from one of the major fabric companies!
--------------------------------
Give out the name of this company so it can be better known as
standing behind our troops.
We can also send a letter thanking them for doing this. Won't they be shocked to get masses of letters about this? And might even add more to your work stash.
Ramona,
I've hesitated to give out the name of this company as they were approached by another member of this board rather than me, and I felt that they might also be inundated with similar requests from every corner....I didn't want to be responsible for opening that flood gate for them, as I've been a shop owner and know already how hard they actually do work for community and giving.

But it would be so wonderful to bless them with letters of appreciation as I'm sure my own heartfelt one to the management could never be enough to express how appreciated their gift was! I'm torn between respecting privacy and wanting to shout it from the rooftops, you know?

Jan in VA

Jan, would it be possible for either you or the person who approached this company, to present the situation to them and see if they would be willing to be acknowledged by the rest of us!

God Bless you with every stitch you put into this project and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Mona
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Christian
Isn't it amazing how we can never outgive God!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
I thank you for being you and helping our service men.you bring a happy tear to my eye and a big smile to my heart. I am honored to be on this loving board It's just wonderful. just a thought sad one . But what happens if you don't get enough quilts. How do they decide who does and who dosent' get one. Well we wont worry about that lets just sew are hearts out and get them all a blanket.
We will get enough... couldn't stand after coming this far to fall short. If my grandson has to wait a while longer for his, then so be it. But there will be enough. Smiles.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

[quote=MomsmurfJan, would it be possible for either you or the person who approached this company, to present the situation to them and see if they would be willing to be acknowledged by the rest of us!

God Bless you with every stitch you put into this project and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Mona[/quote]

Mona,
If any here care to write a letter to the fabric company and send it to me, I'll forward it on. I've decided not to give out their name and address. Please PM me for my address.

Jan in VA
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 PM

God bless you & our troops. Thank you for starting this. I want to help too. Are all the quilts a certain size that you are sending? Please let me know & I'll see what I can do.