Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So I Just Thought I was Organized >

So I Just Thought I was Organized

So I Just Thought I was Organized

Old 06-09-2018, 09:25 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
Just talking with a friend yesterday and we were discussing that objects hide all of the time. Suggested I use a notebook when putting something in a "safe" place, and her son suggested that I nail the notebook to the wall. Hehe!
Now, that made me spit sweet tea all over my monitor! LOL!!
Old 06-09-2018, 09:41 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

This has truly been the most entertaining topic of the year so far!! I hope more members will add their tales of loss and confusion, it makes the rest of us know how sane-and-in-good-company we really are as the world around us goes into spin-off-the-Earth mode.
Along with the disappearance of sewing stuff, I lost the workings of my computer for the first time ever -- in over 25 years of "interneting" -- and had to take my laptop to the doctor who did replacement and resurrection surgery in 36 hours for a lovely sum. I'm still getting used to a new photo editing program, a new writing documents program, and some dang key I hit by error that returns my open pages to the start-up-the-computer desktop....for no dang reason I can figure out.
If this "misplacing stuff" is part of the "End Times" I've been under-informed!!
Old 06-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Oh Dear Jan!

Computer woes are no fun at all. At least you didn't misplace it!
Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I bought some of Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles. I put them in a drawer, and when I looked for them next, they were gone. They haven't reappeared, and won't, until I buy some more.
Originally Posted by petpainter View Post
A girlfriend and I both lost our Karen K circles the same week! I ended up finding mine in a container of applique stuff, but she had to reorder! They just roll away lol!
LOL!!! This is very funny - must be something about circles that gremlins love!!!
I also lost mine somewhere in "never never land" of my sewing room - couldn't find anywhere!!! I went and bought another set and sure enough the little gremlins placed the first set in a very obvious place - great!! - now I have two sets!! ...... but wait ..... I was searching again recently for my little circles and you guessed it ..... the gremlins have taken off with both sets!!! No where to be found!!! They must have gotten together and sailed off with the gremlins to "never never can find it land"!!!!
Old 06-09-2018, 04:42 PM

I've lost "Dec Sunbonnet Sue"....I got the book of monthly "Sue's"... Had them all stored together up in the attic in a plastic tub. When each mth arrived I switch out Sue representing that mth. Well, Dec Sue has been missing now for 2 yrs. I've gone thru everything and looked everywhere. We're even moving to another hse and I've relocated most of my sewing rm and Still no Sue....I hoping one day she decides to return, hope she realizes by that time we will have totally moved.
The other thing I found after a yr and lost again is my Chenille Rotary cutter....UGH...I guess we all just have too much to keep track of...
Old 06-10-2018, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
Those gremlins have cousins that live in my house, too. My embroidery scissors have been missing for years now. These are the ones that are bent to be able to use on the embroidery machine, not cheap. I know that if I replace them, the old ones will appear.
Isn't it odd that we refuse to buy another set of anything we miss because the original one will immediately show up? so we go for weeks, months, years(!) and finally give in to make our lives easier... and dag-nab-it!!! There it is!
Old 06-10-2018, 02:30 AM

I lost a quilt top I was supposed to machine quilt for a friend, set it aside till I finished my current project, could not find it and finally came to the conclusion (months later) that I must have donated it as I'd been on a decluttering kick. Even went so far to tell my friend!
And then one fine day, it showed up in the bottom drawer of a dresser I was emptying to donate. I don't and didn't use the dresser as storage for my projects....
Old 06-10-2018, 12:44 PM

I lost a brand new pair of expensive sewing shears in my university apartment in 1973. I searched everywhere and no scissors. Fast forward to 2013 when I decided to recover my ancient old Cogswell rocker that my aunt had given me when I was a university student. I ripped off the bottom skirting, tipped it upside down exposing the inner frame and there jammed in the big spring were my shears! That rocker had been moved houses three times, had been dragged around when painting and vacuuming and had never given a hint of what it had swallowed. I have been happily using my "brand new shears" ever since. Having a lost sewing item for forty years is just plain crazy!
Old 06-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Good news!!! I found my challenge fabric while I was packing for craft camp and put it with the rest of the fabric for my challenge. Now where is that pattern?
Old 06-11-2018, 04:44 AM
Power Poster

I bought a new pair of scissors last winter and have not been able to find them. You'd think they would show up in a 35 foot park model trailer!