Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................ >

So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................

So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................

Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 AM
ajw

I stopped into Joanne's yesterday morning...there was one person working both the cash register AND the cutting table. I don't have to tell you what the lines were like at either counter!! :thumbdown:
Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 AM

I have been looking for a part time job for awhile and it seems every few weeks Joann's is "hiring". Makes me wonder if the problems we sometimes encounter in the store don't go deeply into the company.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:46 AM

I live in Malone, NY and I find the girls always friendly. They are a great bunch there.
Originally Posted by Lockeb
Well, my experience was much better....
I decided to take a little drive today and drove the 2 hours South across the border and into Malone, NY..the J0ANN's there was a more positive experience..the gals there are peasant - taking the time to chat - very friendly - and today I had a return to make - I received a Bias Maker as a present but it's not something that I will use so I wanted to return it..and this was also the closest store.....they had problems with their computer and wasn't able to make the return - well one of the gals spent 25 minutes on the phone - and didn't stop til the return was made and came looking for me in the store to give me the recipt, etc. - so for me, my JOANN's visit was a very positive one.. :-)
Old 07-12-2010, 04:50 AM

I go to Joann's only when there is no other choice. I am lucky as JoAnns is on one side of the street and Hancocks is on the other.
I really don't like JoAnn's because it is so crowded, the isles are small and the people that work there don't even sew much less quilt!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 AM

I went to Joann's yesterday. When I pull my number, 75, they were on like 53. I am very good about waiting if I can sit down on a chair, which I did. I'm sure I waited 20 minute's or more. They had 4 people cutting and they were very nice. I don't like to take my frustrations out on the employees if they are doing their best.
I have to remember to go during the week early in the day. What I hate the most is they don't have enough people to help you find something! Not my favorite store.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:36 AM

My experiences (Akron, OH area) have mostly been positive. The cutters are very nice and helpful, and the lines at check-out go fast. There are several check-out counters, and then they call out when they can take the next customer. Very orderly.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 AM

At the store I shop most of the employees know me. If I want all left on bolt and it measures less than a yard, I always ask for remainder for remannt price. I never will pay full price for less than a yard. Maybe that girl was new. Did you talk to service desk or manager?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:01 AM

Haven't been to a JoAnn's in years. The nearest one is about 90miles from here. But that is ok, cause from what I have read I have much better places to shop for my fabric!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by ladybug4495
At the store I shop most of the employees know me. If I want all left on bolt and it measures less than a yard, I always ask for remainder for remannt price. I never will pay full price for less than a yard. Maybe that girl was new. Did you talk to service desk or manager?
TALK? There was no one else around. One poor little girl asked if she could go to the bathroom and the "cutter" said, "Honey you will have to wait. I have to walk you there. Can you wait?" When I left (after waiting a long time at the checkout), the little girl was still hanging around, waiting.

After all this time has passed, I see that it was perhaps not a big deal, but I was stunned when she rounded it off in their favor. And when I got home, I measured to see if she had given a generous cut. Nope. Still under 5 yards.

But you know what. I'm done. I've left it behind and I'm movin' on. Thanks for the input. Gail
Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 AM

Walk her to the ladies room. Never heard of such a thing!