Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Upset! >

So Upset!

So Upset!

Old 07-24-2014, 06:13 PM

Is it right at the pedal? If not, it just needs to be spliced and joined. My now 5-year-old German Shepherd made quick work of the same cord the first few days he was home. Of course, that's where I was too. Oh and make sure he has lots of chew toys and knows which are his. 24/7, they are...at least for a few months.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Banned

I feel your pain! When I brought home my one sweetie (about 4 years ago) ... she was notoriously horrible on cords. She went through the phase quickly... but dang... one set of speakers and 3 blackberry cords later...

As for your cord/pedal... have you looked on eBay? There's some sellers that have a whole business set up for just selling replacement parts. I'd try there and also on Amazon - you might get lucky.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:40 PM

One of our puppies got up under the seat in our Dodge truck and chewed all the wires for the electric seat and more. It didn't hurt her but the seat did not work at all. DH fixed them and we blocked the area off every time she was in the vehicle until she was too big to get under the seat. Gotta love our dogs!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Hope your little doggie is ok!

Haven't read through the posts, but a person handy with electrical stuff, or an electrician can repair your cord for you. It probably wouldn't cost as much as what they've quoted you.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:44 PM

There are universal pedals, also check e bay. Good luck and I do feel your pain. I "painted cords" with lemon juice, dogs didn't like the taste
Old 07-24-2014, 06:48 PM

One of my dogs chewed thru the cord between my serger and the foot pedal. My husband just spliced it back together and it was fine. It's been that was for about 8 years now.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 PM

You might go look around in the thrift stores in your area. You might run across a cheap machine with a foot feed that will work with your machine. As long as the plug end is compatible it should work with your machine.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:54 AM

WOW!! She clearly stated that it was the foot pedal and not the electric cord. I would not spend the $287. either unless it was my last option We are a Big Family on this Board and we All ask Questions that may not be what other people think is appropriate but ...
Hopefully you can ask someone to Re-Wire it for you and you can be sewing in no time. I took a foot pedal apart there were no screws just a little tab that I pushed in and it opened, I did not force it just used a little pressure.
Good Luck. I hope things work out for you
Old 07-25-2014, 05:07 AM

Isn't Juki the machine that has the thread cutter in the foot pedal? That's probably why it's expensive. If you can live without, a generic pedal with the same plug to the machine might work. If someone can rewire, make sure you tell them about all the functions in the pedal.

BTW, Tabasco sauce on cords deters pets. We had ferrets that LIKED bitter apple.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

DH said the cord could be spliced with no problem. I would get it spliced and then then start looking for a reasonable replacement. I didn't think about the puppy first. LOL. It was clear the puppy was fine or you wouldn't be concerned about the cord.