Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Someone please tell me you've made this block! >

Someone please tell me you've made this block!

Someone please tell me you've made this block!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
In my Jane Stickle quilt pictures folder I have a whole folder named "O crap!" Here's one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]480357[/ATTACH]
Kitsie, I am so happy I saw your pic. I have all blocks, tris and corners made...I have never thought of quilt as you go. I am thinking I might start to get this quilt completed in My lifetime. It took me a little over one year so far, project set aside for about four years now...humm. Time to get serious and start to work on it again. Thanks for your post

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Oh, I feel so much better. This really made me smile.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:07 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I guess we all have one of those days. I took vacation specifically to work on that quilt, but I was just not with it yesterday. I ripped almost as much as I sewed. Hopefully I can devote some evenings to the quilt and get it finished. I have enjoyed the stories and pictures. Thanks again.

Darren
Old 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM

LOL! Well, of COURSE we have! I've learned to never mount a quilt on the longarm without taking a photo of it first... I'll spot an error in a picture before I will with my bare eye. And more than once I've found a block turned the wrong way. Better then, than after it's all quilted! Whew!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 AM

I can't see a lot of the mistakes on the projects on here, shows you that you should never tell anyone of your mistake and most people will never know! I did love the one with the zipper pull on the outside of the bag. I think it just shows we are all "normal" at some stage.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:17 AM

BTDT... if a quilter says that she has never done it, she either has only just started to quilt, or she is lying!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:52 AM

At least, the last one is an easy fix. Took me a while to spot it, kept looking at the fabric pattern.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:40 AM

Anyone that knows me here knows that I write a book with my quilts that I give as gifts. I was working on a block one time that was a serious block having to do with years ago. I made it, looked at it. Colors went well, everything. Got the quilt all put together on the frame and I am tying it down. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! It was really weird. This particular block meant so much to me and the mistake (noticeable to me and anyone else that didn't know diddly about quilting wouldn't see it) and it fit. That mistake was MEANT to be there and I left it. I wrote it in the book that it was a mistake and every time the person looked at that block she would know exactly what it meant and the story behind it. That had to have been one of my most favorite blocks. We strive for perfection, and sometimes we don't even know that the mistake is the thing that made it perfect. Edie
Old 06-27-2014, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
When paper piecing a block, I sewed the next piece facing the wrong way (you know, instead of right side to right side I had wrong side to right side) and when I turned it over to press, what a surprise I had! Those mistakes have made me very good at using the smallest rotary cutter as a seam ripper. Those paper piecing stitches are small and too hard for me to remove otherwise.
I once made a beautifully paper pieced block and realized after it was complete I had all the seams on the right side of the block!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:38 AM

I rather like this pieced this way.....There is no wrong - only new ideas!

Have fun...