Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sooooo MUCH FABRIC!!! >

Sooooo MUCH FABRIC!!!

Sooooo MUCH FABRIC!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM

what a great gift
Old 07-01-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS
It's awesome that it went to someone that will appreciate it. :) I'm sure the lady that had the fabric would have been happy it went to another quilter that would use it. :)
This is what I thought. My husband commented that he felt kinda odd taking this out of the house where the woman had lived and loved her fabric like I do, but now she has passed on. He said. It just seemed odd. I said. Well, I don't see it like that because quilters build up our stash over time, we put alot of thought into it and money. And when a quilter passes on, she would really rather the family not just throw it out, but get it to someone that will use it. I said, thats what i would want to happen with my stash. You aren't going to sit here and sew it up. So get it to quilters that will. He felt much better then.lol But its true. Don't you all agree?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
What a blessing. Were I in your shoes, I would pay it forward and invite my friends to come help sort it out and share it. The groups who make charity quilts would love some and lots of people could benefit, and you would still have more than you could use. Our guild had lots of donations that they displayed on tables and told the members to take what they wanted and leave a donation for the guild fund. There will be lots of charity quilts made from them.
I am glad you were the recipient and not me, but that is how I would choose to do it. Blessing of love and wealth to you.
I have kinda looked into some of the boxes and I found this box that has blocks that are put together. They are album blocks with signatures on them already. So I called my cousing and asked her to find out what group or guild she was in where those names belong to. And I told her I would sew the blocks together into a quilt and we could take it to that group or guild and leave it with them for the memories sake. So she is working on that now.lol
Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 PM

From what I have been able to see in the boxes without taking anything out, cause I have no where to put it at that moment. There seems to be alot of fabrics that would be used to make blouses. And alot of fabrics for making like pant suits etc.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
My husband would have been like WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS?!! He would be like-you know if you sew from now until you're 112 you won't use this much. Well, I'd sure try! LOL :thumbup:
LOL!! Angie - My DH would have reacted the same way! :P
He would have told me that he did't want to contribute to my clutter and to my habit! :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 AM

wow how cool
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 AM

I guess you won't be needing to go the fabric store for a while except for batting! you should make some quilts for the family. After all, they were generous enough to give it to your cousin!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 AM

You are so lucky
Old 07-02-2011, 12:10 PM

WOW that is a lot of fabroc. I hope you have room for it.
:-)
Old 07-02-2011, 12:50 PM

I am thinking that if the donor was a long time sewer there is probably much double knit and polyester fabric there too so probably all can't be used for cotton quilts. Some folks still do make the double-knit quilts for homeless folks though.