Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soooooo Frustrated

Blog Entries
    I agree try it out before you leave and if they ask for you to review their service.Please be honest about it,so no one else ends up like you did.I really hope they fix it for you very soon and very good.

Awww that stinks majorly. I work for a CPA firm so I feel ya on the no time till April 15th (or the 18th this year) thing!! :) I hope they are able to get your machine fixed up real soon!!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
    I haven't been sewing for a while during tax season. I work at a tax office and by the time I get home in the evenings I really couldn't focus my eyes on trying to cut or sew accurate seams. In anticipation of tax season being over, I decided to take my sewing machine in for servicing and to get my needle threader fixed (eyes are not what they used to be, lol). Got the machine back two weeks ago and didn't use it until today.....my first day back to the ongoing quilt class at my LQS. Hit the needle down button to start sewing and the machine made a loud noise and locked up. I rushed back to the shop where it was repaired and they looked at it and said they didn't realign the new needle threader, so they fixed that and back to class I rushed hoping to get a lot of sewing done in the afternoon. As soon as I started sewing again the machine started making a lot of rattling noises. The faster I sewed the louder the noise. It was sounding like something was going to come flying off the machine. So now I have to make another trip to the shop tomorrow morning. The machine was just fine before I brought it in for servicing. No noises and it ran so smoothly. Hopefully it isn't anything serious and I can really get some serious sewing done. Anyway, I am so frustrated. I was so excited to get back to my sewing....... Oh well, guess there are more serious problems in the world than my sewing machine. Thanks for listening.
    There is nothing more valuable than a sewing machine man you can trust. Sorta like a doctor.

I feel your pain. It really sucks when all you want to do is sew and you can't. Here is hoping for better sewing days ahead!

Blog Entries
    Not sure I would use this repair shop again lol It sounds like it get worse everytime you take it in!! You may want to spend a little extra cash and find a different repair shop. Would be cheaper than having to buy new machine cheryl :D

Blog Entries
    My shop in Westchester tries the machine out itself and leaves the fabric they use under the needle showing different stitches tried. I hope you get back to sewing really soon.

Blog Entries
    I would croak if that happened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Have them test it while you are there!
    And why DIDN'T they test it before allowing it out the dang door???????? Whew. I seem to share your frustration!!

Hugs! Hope its fixed right this time!

Wow! I would start considering maybe taking it to a different repair place.

I had the same problem with my repairman. When after 18 mo. and a threat to call the law, he gave it back to me. The first time I tried to sew it sounded like a thrash machine. I was NOT going to take it back. I looked it over, and decided to oil it. Thats all it took, after 2 mins. of testing it purred. When you take it back, have a piece of material with ypu and have them try it out for you!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32
    Well, CA is just way too far, if you lived around here, I would sure see that you had a machine to use until they get your fixed and fixed right. Next time, before you leave the shop, try that puppy out and make sure it is really fixed.
    after 2 trips, I would definately try is before leaving the shop.

Oh, Diane, that is maddening. Hope they get it straightened out for you, soon. Have a Happy Easter.

Reminds me of the times that we have taken our car in for repairs only to come back with something else wrong. Happened more than once or twice. Absolutely, don't leave the shop until they have tested it and made sure it is actally repaired. Good luck.

I love looking at all the pictures. This is my 16 year old Grandaughter with her puppy, Ari. Isn't she beautiful? Sorry I'm just so proud. She's equally as smart. All you ladies and gentlemen have such cute pictures of animals and all sorts of things.

Since you bought the machine at this shop AND they are your closest "authorized dealer/repair shop", I would contact Janome directly. They probably don't want this reputation getting around & may be able to help you further with this experience. If all you took it in for was to "fix the needle threader" & then they state they didn't fix that...I would make sure you have/get a copy of the work order before you say anything else to this shop. You mention you also had it "serviced"...ask them to put in writing what all they do for this "service fee". Each time you go in now, ask for a paper in writing regarding "specifically" what they will be doing to your machine. This would help assist you with Janome at pinpointing why these people may not deserve to be an authorized dealer/repair shop. How far do you have to go to the "next" authorized dealer?
    This really makes you want to go "sit in their shop & visit with their customers" if they don't make this right! They should be apologizing over & over & giving you a refund to boot at this point; as well as fixing what you originally brought it in for.
    That is what a good reputable business would do to keep you as a customer!

Power Poster
    Maddening, frustrating, annoying, infuriating, aggravating, upsetting, disappointing, etc!
    WHEW! I'm glad I got that off your chest!!

The same thing happened to me too. Took my machine in and 2 months later I finally get my machine. I start sewing and it's making a loud noise that it never made before. Back to the store and they fixed a part that had come loose. It would be a good idea to try the machine out before leaving the store just to be sure it's fixed!

Power Poster
    I feel your pain. It's so frustrating to not have your machine working when you are ready to sew. It happened to me just as I was finishing a quilt that I had entered into my local guild Quilt Show. The technician tried to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the machine, then the manager came over to see what the problem was. He tried to tell me that the machine I had purchased was not meant to do the amount of quilting that I was doing, even though he had recommended it. Long story short, he gave me what I had paid for the machine in trade on a brand new Janome. I have since changed repair shops and I'm much happier with the service. I agree with trying out the machine before you leave the shop, get your machine working right, then find a new repair shop. MargeD

sorry i hope you get back to your mchine asap

Blog Entries
    I had the exact same problem with my Janome. It worked just fine when I took it to the shop for a cleaning. When I got it home I just put it on the table and continued to use my FW. When I finally took it out to sew again it made horrible cluncking noises and then started skipping stitches. It's in a different shop this time for repair but I'm angry that I had to spend $90 for "cleaning" plus they messed up the bobbin holder so I had to purchase another of those as well, $35 at their shop. If I had just taken it out and sewn when I got it home I could have taken in back then but they insist they did everything right and I must have "damaged" it at home. :evil:

I'm sorry to hear your problems. I've had them, too. Why don't they fix it right the first time - they know we will come back!

I have a Janome and my needle threader is my most favorite item. I don't have to wear glasses when sewing. I hope your machine gets up and running soon.

Oh boy, do I feel for you. I'm having similar experiences with my Janome (works then doesn't, goes to the shop, seems to be fixed, then acts up again). The dealer is also the servicer and they are more interested in selling than fixing, although my machine is only a bit over a year old. And the shop is about 50 miles away (each direction). Looking for a local serviceperson since the dealer charges me anyway.

I hope you're back up and running soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    I had the exact same problem with my Janome. It worked just fine when I took it to the shop for a cleaning. When I got it home I just put it on the table and continued to use my FW. When I finally took it out to sew again it made horrible cluncking noises and then started skipping stitches. It's in a different shop this time for repair but I'm angry that I had to spend $90 for "cleaning" plus they messed up the bobbin holder so I had to purchase another of those as well, $35 at their shop. If I had just taken it out and sewn when I got it home I could have taken in back then but they insist they did everything right and I must have "damaged" it at home. :evil:
    I'll be very interested in what fixes the skipping stitches thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast