Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash buster new group forming >

Stash buster new group forming

Stash buster new group forming

Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by gypsylady5
Maybe we could feature scrap projects to start using up our stashes.... Or all go in together and make project quilts to donate in our name. I just need to get going on sewing and using up what I have left and this group is motivating me to do some sewing. Glad I joined.
Great idea! See if we encourage each other we can do great things.
We are NOT to be perfect we are to be in control of our desires and wants and gimmes. God is perfect we are here to improve our humanness and strive to be holy. The evil one always says no you can't , just to discourage us. If, we improve from yesterday, that is enough. Rules shackle our creativity but controlling our desires gives us strength.
. :thumbup:
Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM

Oh. my!! I have nothing but stashes because my wonderful friend who cannot quilt anymore gave me all her stashes. From one half to many yards that I HAVE to use up before buying more. I don't have room for more. Thank goodness. I am forced to use my stash. LOL There are many great blocks for stashes. God bless and good luck. Quilting Joan
Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Great idea...I am working on a stash buster quilt right now. I will post the top when stitched....no telling when it will get quilted though. I am committed to getting one shelf clear. I am outta room in the sewing room.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:38 PM

I'll commit but I can't guarantee my credit card will! Heh, it sounds fun... but I'll go easy on myself if I "accidentally" splurge.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM

And I say a big AMEN to the feeling, touching, etc. Fabric is something that just "turns me on" and makes me happy. Could never work in fabric shop!

My perfect life would be to have time every day to sew at least several hours. Then I could make a lap quilt to give away every week. And...I would have time to make myself a beautiful queen size quilt!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:53 PM

I was looking at several fabric sales and did not buy anything? Congratulations to me!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:38 PM

Me, me, me, I am only buying fabric if I need it to finish a quilt.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Ok, went to Hancocks and spent my certificates. I got a bolt of 118 inch muslin and 6 yards of 90 inch (all they had) for backs, 6 yards of Kona Black (cause I really needed it), some WOW, beige, and batiks to finish up my quilt for my king bed. With the possible exception of thread, and maybe batting, I should be good for the year. I have even started cutting up my scraps and getting ready to sew. This will be a great year.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:20 AM

Okay It has been hard but I haven"t bought any sale fabric on the web! I been thinking I might save the money I am not spending and buy an accuquilter system to reward myself for a good job. What do you think? Better use of my money?
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm in. although I did need/want to buy a few FQ and 1/2 yds to use on the first top I started from scraps. I have started my 2nd scrap a D9P; I will need to purchase backing and possibly border fabric as these need to be masculine. They will be sent to Afganistan to my son for him to hand out.

Oh can we overlook the fact I went yesterday and spent$ for sale fabric? One of LQS had FQ's for $1.00 and I couldn't resisit:) I also purchased Christmas fabric, almost all of it for placemats for next year's craft fairs.

After re reading the pledge, I cannot make the pledge, would love to hang out and post pics using my stash if that is OK?