Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash buster new group forming >

Stash buster new group forming

Stash buster new group forming

Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I'm in. although I did need/want to buy a few FQ and 1/2 yds to use on the first top I started from scraps. I have started my 2nd scrap a D9P; I will need to purchase backing and possibly border fabric as these need to be masculine. They will be sent to Afganistan to my son for him to hand out.

Oh can we overlook the fact I went yesterday and spent$ for sale fabric? One of LQS had FQ's for $1.00 and I couldn't resisit:) I also purchased Christmas fabric, almost all of it for placemats for next year's craft fairs.

After re reading the pledge, I cannot make the pledge, would love to hang out and post pics using my stash if that is OK?
It isn't a pledge. Just a suggestion. As quilters we have so many rules lets make this about wisdom and fugal living within our means and wants. :thumbup:
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by skothing
Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I'm in. although I did need/want to buy a few FQ and 1/2 yds to use on the first top I started from scraps. I have started my 2nd scrap a D9P; I will need to purchase backing and possibly border fabric as these need to be masculine. They will be sent to Afganistan to my son for him to hand out.

Oh can we overlook the fact I went yesterday and spent$ for sale fabric? One of LQS had FQ's for $1.00 and I couldn't resisit:) I also purchased Christmas fabric, almost all of it for placemats for next year's craft fairs.

After re reading the pledge, I cannot make the pledge, would love to hang out and post pics using my stash if that is OK?
It isn't a pledge. Just a suggestion. As quilters we have so many rules lets make this about wisdom and fugal living within our means and wants. :thumbup:
There aren't any Quilt Police checking on what or how much we buy. Is there going to be a winner of who goes the longest without buying or a loser how buys the most? Hope not :?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by MarieM
Go to the "search" section above and type in fabric moritorium (not sure I spelled that right)there is a group of us who are trying it for a year. You kinda set up your own rules and the group is there for support. I started Dec 1 and so far I'm doing well. I did buy 2 1/2 yards for a round robin I'd already committed to do but thats been it. I think my bank account may grow a bit this year.

Marie M.
Yes I'm on the fabric moratorium as well. :D
Old 01-03-2011, 07:17 AM

I would but there is no way...unless there is a fabriholic clinic I can join...My nick name is fabriholic on alot of groups...does anyone want to trade fabrics...That may get a better response...LOl
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 AM

Exactly just got home from buying 1.99 a yard quilt shop fabric...too fun...I go 1st to my stash and usually have to add to it because I am picky about it all coordinating....I feel everyone needs to have a healthy addiction right?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Count me in. I did a no-buy challenge for a year with another group but last year just challenged myself. It's easier with friends. :D

Diana
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Hey Daisey - Cool row by row. Seems I've seen some of that quilt somewhere < big grin> Looks great all together. Mine has turned into a UFO unfortunately so it is good for me to stay on No-buy.

Diana - zenquilts
Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
Count me in. I did a no-buy challenge for a year with another group but last year just challenged myself. It's easier with friends. :D

Diana
I'm making progress. Didn't buy more fabric (we won't talk about other quilting supplies) AND I managed to start to organize part of the sewing section of the room over the holiday break. Far from being finished, but it's a start.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152785.jpe  
Old 01-03-2011, 01:46 PM

Okay, I just came back from Joanns and did NOT buy any fabric! Now want I did buy is green thread. I am doing a sample of of new patterns and need to have a constant. look on the green.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Sorry ~ Sounds like a great idea but.... I cant pass up bargains or unique fabrics ... I am sure I would fail the first or second week lol Thanks for trying to help my addiction and my pocketbook = maybe next year lol cheryl :-D