Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash buster new group forming >

Stash buster new group forming

Stash buster new group forming

Old 12-26-2010, 12:44 AM

I can not join this year. I plan on using a lot of what I already have in scrap quilts. SO I may just buy some fabric if I see it. Maybe not. I may also do as another suggested and cut some fabric into kits. I may be having wrist surgery and won't be able to quilt.

Kyia
Old 12-26-2010, 04:04 AM

I'd love to join in. Had already made that promise to myself. Somehow, though, if I drive near a fabric store there is some kind of magnetic draw that pulls me in and to some bolt of fabric that is calling my name. I will try very hard to resist the magnetized fields. Jinnie
Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 AM

I'm gonna try thats my plan anyway for the new year. The quilts that I plan to make this year Ive already bought the fabric for, and the backing. So unless theres a problem, i dont see a problem.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:17 AM

There is a group on Yahoo Groups called Stashbusters.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:42 AM

Me too I am in I have too much stash and have to think about making it smaller. Although I haven't bought much in the last couple of yrs, I do buy some and I shouldn't buy any. Too much.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:16 AM

Never works for me, new fabrics are introduced several times a year, besides I work part time in a Quilt Shop!!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:22 AM

Lucky You!
Originally Posted by Jackie D
Never works for me, new fabrics are introduced several times a year, besides I work part time in a Quilt Shop!!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:35 AM

My only pledge here will be to not "over" buy!! This means if something is on sale for a really good price, I stash feed. Example is the last retreat this year had a sale table. Fat Quarters for 75 cents. Bought 30 for next years retreat goodie bags, plus a selection of solids, guild is having an Amish BOM this coming year. I don't have lots of solids in my stash, what I have is more tone on tone. Plus 12 black/white quarters for a pineapple quilt (top is done) and then just some neat colors to add to the stash. For that price I could not resist. The retreat leader was clearing her supply of last years fabrics so she could start with new fabrics, when her retreats begin in the spring.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by skothing
Okay would anyone like to make a commitment to join with me and pledge to one another not to but unneeded fabric? Exceptions would be the "B's" binding , batting, and backing . It is time to use up the stash I have and use my money for other needed things..
My name is Jerry and I am a fabric-holic, tried the 12 step program...can't get past #1..do not buy any more fabric. Would really like to make an honest effort to use what I have in totes, boxes, bags, shelves, stacks...and the list goes on. My pledge should be to organize my stash first, maybe I would do better. The rich colors, soft feel, bold designs oh see I am falling off the wagon already.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:52 AM

I will try it. I do have problems putting blocks together so maybe this will work. I have lots of small pieces (mostly FQ size). Been on no buying for over a year and still have lots of fabric to use up.