Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash buster new group forming >

Stash buster new group forming

Stash buster new group forming

Old 12-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Well I pretty much did that all last year. I used a lot of my stash. I am cleaning out fabric later on once I am more organized. I have prints I probably won't use in a million years.
Is trading ok? I might do that.
I am going to be making pet portraits so will be buying hand dyed fabrics for those. That's a have to.
Other than that I can pledge not to buy any thing I don't need in fabric.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

LOL, I wish I could, I would save SO much money, but I know I would FAIL!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:01 AM

No Way. I work at a quilt shop - it is impossible!! My red, white and blue stash is used up or currently being used to make Quilts of Valor. Now if I can just get to all the other colors before I add more!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 AM

No way, my addiction is not going to let me do that!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by e4
I don't have a stash; I have a fabric collection. I must buy more fabric to improve my collection.
You are so right girlfriend!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:27 AM

I will join your group. I had already made that agreement with myself. I was really lucky in gathering a lot of fabric last summer at yard sales and thrift shops. Ain't much LQS quality, but quantity is there. LOL! I guess I will be making scrappy quilts. I definitely plan to use from my stash this year and only buy finishing necessities.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by skothing
Okay would anyone like to make a commitment to join with me and pledge to one another not to but unneeded fabric? Exceptions would be the "B's" binding , batting, and backing . It is time to use up the stash I have and use my money for other needed things..
I am in, I already decided not to buy any more fabric until I clear one shelf. Just let me know where to post and we can all support each other in our stash busting efforts.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:29 AM

I'll join too. I'll quit the one on Yahoo groups and join this one because the whole layout of this site is so much more user friendly than Yahoo.

Thanks for starting this.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:42 AM

Count me in. I had already made this decision for myself. Santa (DS & GF) gave me 20 spools of Connecting Threads thread for Christmas, so I'm all set. First order of business is to take everything out of my sewing room and organize it. I know that there are purchases that I've made that I haven't seen since I brought them home.
I need to make baby quilts. Our local group makes them for Birthright and we have a shower in May to donate. Many of them may be string quilts. I have an overflowing tub of strings.
Between this diet and Weight Watchers my life should soon be in complete control (LOL)

Pat
Old 12-26-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
I'll join too. I'll quit the one on Yahoo groups and join this one because the whole layout of this site is so much more user friendly than Yahoo.

Thanks for starting this.
As I am a bit shy I'll try to explain my reasoning behind this group. I am swimming in fabric I give it to my church and to others in need.I still have about 7,000 yards in my stash. I am planning to sell some on e bay and try to down size. Yes I make about 12 quilts a year and give them away. I have 2 myself. When I have offered to give away fabric to friends I've noticed something unpleasant. I see greed and a grabbing onto everything of any worth by a few people. The hoarding spirit is not a good vision to see in ones friends. Then to see garage sales of beautiful fabric being sold for a quarter a yard by the deceased quilters family made me sick at my stomach. So I ask myself before I buy for my stash is it worth 25 cent at my death? I know not all my fabric will make it into quilts. So unless I am going to use it in a weeks time I am saying no.