Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash buster new group forming >

Stash buster new group forming

Stash buster new group forming

Old 12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
kbs

Gee I wish I could but I'm on my way to the quilt store tomorrow. Maybe next year.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:24 PM

Now that is pitiful, Kathleen! :roll:
Old 12-26-2010, 04:29 PM

I am willing to give it a try but not till Januays 1st, way tomany fabric sales going on right now. I need to stock back up on some blenders and things I have pretty much used up and then you can have me on January 1st
Old 12-26-2010, 04:32 PM

Rules? Don't we have enough of these in our lives. I would like to be an adult here and be on the honor system. You know if you need fabric. Gift cards are to be used, no guilt if you slip. No police watching or ready to jump you for loving what we use to be creative. Everyone has their own voice and vote. Speak up and do what is good for you, we are a support system for those who truly have enough. Also remember their are those who would prefer we spend until we are in the poor house.

Balance is what I am seeking.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Let me know when you are forming the group and where we will be writing and corresponding. I have so much fabric I have bought with no specific project in mind and I need to whittle this stash down BIG TIME! So, I am onboard if you let me know the details.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by skothing
Originally Posted by Nolee
I'll join too. I'll quit the one on Yahoo groups and join this one because the whole layout of this site is so much more user friendly than Yahoo.

Thanks for starting this.
As I am a bit shy I'll try to explain my reasoning behind this group. I am swimming in fabric I give it to my church and to others in need.I still have about 7,000 yards in my stash. I am planning to sell some on e bay and try to down size. Yes I make about 12 quilts a year and give them away. I have 2 myself. When I have offered to give away fabric to friends I've noticed something unpleasant. I see greed and a grabbing onto everything of any worth by a few people. The hoarding spirit is not a good vision to see in ones friends. Then to see garage sales of beautiful fabric being sold for a quarter a yard by the deceased quilters family made me sick at my stomach. So I ask myself before I buy for my stash is it worth 25 cent at my death? I know not all my fabric will make it into quilts. So unless I am going to use it in a weeks time I am saying no.
I can understand your feelings about this with all my heart I am lucky in this respect I know that all my fabric will be well loved by my DIL upon my passing. I taught her to sew about 3 yrs ago while on a visit and now we have long distance sewing days, great fun!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:38 PM

Can't join. Do not have a very large stash. Usually buy for what ever project I am doing at the time.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:47 PM

OK, I did very well last year, except when i went to the Downunder Quilt Shop in the Pike Place Market three times!!!If I can just stay out of there, I will be fine... I am with you all the waaaaayyyy!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
kbs

Sorry Elizebeth, but how much is too much. I still have yardage the moved with me from MI 5 years ago, but I have found a wonderful shop here in Liberty KY that sells fabric for 3 - 4$. After MI prices it feels so good.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM

I will try to put a dent in my stash!