Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: stash

Blog Entries
    How much fabric do you all have? Do you still buy more????

of course the more the merrier!!!

I have a lot of fabric in my stash and I still buy more. If I see something I like and don't know what I will use it for I buy at least 1/2yd to 1yd. I only buy material from LQS because I like the quality of the fabric.

Blog Entries
    but how much do you actually have on hand right now? I'm trying to find places to hide yesterdays shop hop accidents..
    Lois

I have a lot. I keep telling myself not to buy more until I organize what I have. So far I haven't listened to myself. :roll:

Blog Entries
    I have a wall full....and still buy more. Need more places to hide it

Blog Entries
    I like that......isn't it fun?

Blog Entries
    My husband plays golf...I've seen the membership dues, so I figure this is my equivalent expenses....
    sound good?

Blog Entries
    grammatical error.....THESE ARE MY EXPENSES

I have between 800 and 1000 yards of fabric. I still have to buy fabric to go with what I have to make a quilt at times depending on what I am making. Sometimes I'll have the border fabric and need to buy the coordinating block fabrics and some times it's the other way around.

I did pull almost all the fat quarters I needed to make the Orion Star quilt plus the borders and binding fabrics from my stash. The Orion Star quilt takes 28 fat quarters and I used three colors, pink, yellow and orange. I think I needed to buy three orange fat quarters for the whole quilt. I am still in the cutting stage.

This is a pic of the fat quarters I initially pulled for the Orion Star quilt. I ended up changing some of the pinks for lighter pinks and I found a couple of oranges that fit into the color range better.

Orion Star fabrics
    Name:  Attachment-54696.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  46.2 KB

Ohh, that's purty fabric!

Just when I think I couldn't possibly buy any more fabric -- I do :!: :oops: :oops: :D

Blog Entries
    My favorite quote.."Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden"

Blog Entries
    I have bins and bins of fabrics and I still buy! As a matter of fact I just bought more fat quarters a few mins ago on ebay! Do I really need them, not really, but I want them :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no such thing as having to much fabric. I got involved with the Linus Project to give me an excuse to buy more.

I am actually working on using alot of the fabric I have before I buy more. I am making alot of bags and quilts for Christmas gifts so hopefully I will use alot of what I have up.
    Judy in Ohio

I don't have very much but am always looking for more. I have limited budget for fabric so have to find specials.

Blog Entries
    You and I could be best buddies...

I don't have the stash that some have but to me it is more than enough. I have been not buying for over two years and using from my stash to make my projects. Granted I have bought the occasional Kona white /black or special project fabrics but I am trying to be good and use my stash.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have 2 clear plastic shoe boxes of fabric.

I have five very large totes of fabric, a set of three plastic drawers full of fat quarters and ten plastic shoe boxed filled with fat quarters and half yards. Now I am buying kits too. I don't have to hide it....my daughter came home yesterday with a kit she wants me to make and three more patterns she loves. My kids feed my addiction.

I'm ashamed to say that I binge-buy fabric that I just want to have, then don't want to use it because I'm afraid I'll see something else that I wish I would have saved it for! And that's with a 5 shelf cabinet, footlocker, and 7 or 8 large bins full. But, when I go shopping in my stash, I can always find something if I (or someone else) need it on the spur of the moment for swaps, comfort blocks, etc.

EllenB

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    I have a lot. I keep telling myself not to buy more until I organize what I have. So far I haven't listened to myself. :roll:

I need to borrow someone's hearing aid, cause I'm the same way, Ducky. I must have 100 yards or more and can find more to buy anytime I go in a store. :lol:
    Sharon

Do I buy more? Do I breathe?

Renee

I have 7 of the pattern cabinets, from stores closing, all full of fabrics. Each drawer is sorted more or less by background color, and about 2 dozen of the big plastic totes, all of them 66 qts., or bigger. I also have about 6 of the big black garbage bags full of scraps, which I hope that a couple of my friends will help sort/cut and make into lap size quilts for the local senior home and hopefully give some to the hospital gift shop for fund raising. Yes, I still buy fabric whenever I can.LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast