Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
stash >

stash

stash

Old 11-10-2009, 05:08 PM

OK....repeat after me......

There is no such thing as too much fabric......
There is no such thing as too much fabric.....
There is no such thing as too much fabric.

Now that you all have that down, what was the question we started with?

I gave up men, sex, alcohol and cigarettes.....don't even think about asking me to give up my fabric. When I die I plan to take it with me to Heaven incase there is no LQS. Surely God will let me keep quilting up there too. So told the kids to get several back-hoes to dig my grave.....gonna take a reeeeeaaaaaalllll big hole. LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM

We can take the fabric WITH US? That opens up a whole new can of worms! LOL! :wink: Make sure you have enough people!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:41 PM

I have about 35 totes of fabric! My husband just shakes his head when I come home with more. I can't resist those good buys at Walmart and clearance fabrics at Joannes!!! And not to mention what I find at yard sales!!!

I tell my sister that she can come over and "shop" anytime! lol
Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 PM

When I moved to the Denver area last Oct. Since I was going to Put my things in her gargae to store. when we were packing up to move from Western SD, my daughter and I got the giggles packing fabric. Most was already in a box, but daughter says, for every box of fab. I keep, have to fill the large garbage bag full to give away. didn't quite work out that way. :) We started throwing fabric all over, eleanor Burns would have been proud. As for my stash - moved into my new home in June and still haven't unpacked all of it. I know, I should be spanked. :)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 PM

I have 3 big plastic drawers full, five long shelves full and a closet full of fabric on hangers. Then about 20 clear shoe boxes of fat quarters. I have no idea of weight or yardage that would be.
I still buy for UFO's however, to be able to finish them up.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Bev

I have a wall full of Rubbermaid bins and a small closet full of fabrics. All of which I go through fairly frequently. When I do, I usually pull out some that I donate to my guild's community service bee. After that I feel so good that I go out and buy some more. Mostly I shop either on-line, or from my LQS. Sometimes I buy stuff at at our yearly trash 'n treasures sale which helps with fees for the speakers and teachers we invite to our guild meetings for workshops and trunk shows.
Right now I'm trying to use up some of my two bins of "strings" and scraps by making string and scrap quilts exclusively. That will keep me going for a while.
I have to admit, sometimes I buy fabric just because I love it. 8)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Young ladie it don't matter how much you have.you know your going to get more.I have to 11ft walls full of material an still getting something that i like when I see it an realy like it.An right now any yellow cause I
have very few pieces of yellow.So any thrift store is in trouble if they have any material.An Walmart they do have some really good material lately.An I get my monthly pattern to. I have got over 300 quilt patterns.
AN still colecting.I have one Lady that wants a rose quilt an I still havent got it together yet.Maybe here before Christmas I get it together.OK I think thats it for now.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 PM

I "used" to only buy what I needed until my dear friend told me that I needed to start expanding my tastes in fabric. Well thanks to her I now am buying fat quarters just because they are pretty or different. Most neighbors borrow a cup of sugar but my friend & I borrow fabric from each other's stash! I also have to sneak my fabric in when my husband is not home & if I am out shopping and my kid's are along they usually say, "No, mom, you are not stopping at JoAnn's today!" They just don't understand the attachment we have to our fabric & I have lots! I definitely have SABLE & I hope they never find a cure! Glad to be among people who finally understand me.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 AM

I couldn't honestly say but it is a whole lot, closets, attic, storage building, can't keep from buying more and sometimes have to push to cut into a piece as then it is a definite design and I can't dream about it anymore.