Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Quilter

Sitting on the 2-holer at sometimes minus 20 degrees during the winter brought the 4 of us really close together.

Beautiful work!! I love the knife edge. That is the edge that I grew up with on our quilts. Not made by anyone in my family though.

Blog Entries
    you are awesome , would love to see your work. i have seen knife edge, but didn't know what it was called . :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
    A knife edge is a kind of self binding. You just fold the top and backing to the inside and close the quilt with a running stitch. This method was mostly used for the traditional North Country and Welsh Quilts from UK.
    Your work is beautiful. I'm very envious.

You are above the norm. You have an incredible gift and the best part is...you love doing it. Very talented and thank goodness NOT the norm. I love your work.

Andrea,
    I would very much like to be as 'weird' as you are! The definition of 'weird' like Andrea so obviously encompasses talent, artistry, focus, attention to detail, commitment, concentration, accomplishment, and joy. Congratulations on your exquisite work, and thank you for sharing! Wish it could be easier for you to give a tutorial.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you're not a "traditional" quilter, but what is the end product? Gorgeous!!

Your handwork is beautiful. It makes me want to feel the pattern on the fabric. I have not done handwork, but am intrigued by the patience and talent that it requires. What size needles and what kind of thread do you use? How do you make the pattern for quilting on the cloth? Do the markings wash out later? My Mom handquilted but, alas, I was too busy to sit with her and learn.

If i had written this I would never make a quilt! Kudos to your talent.

I do not think you are weird; just unique. Your work is just outstanding. Beautiful quilting.

I have always been told that "normal" is just the setting on the dryer. The talent you have been blessed with is anything but normal. The joy that you give to others is exceptional. May the Lord continue to bless you with the talent in your hands and mind. Should there be any way that you could to a tutorial, we would certainly be in attendance.
    Keep up the good work... Will be waiting for your next project.

Blog Entries
    The opposite of everything you listed is the type of quilter I am. I admire your and others that do the hand piecing and quilting, it's very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
    A knife edge is a kind of self binding. You just fold the top and backing to the inside and close the quilt with a running stitch. This method was mostly used for the traditional North Country and Welsh Quilts from UK.
    Thank you! Just learned something new - love this board!

Quote Originally Posted by mawmawbeve_60
    Your Not Weired, i ,love your Knife edge,,,could you do a tutorial and show us..,,,
    Ditto!! on this. I am so happy to learn about the knige edge.

Quote Originally Posted by MeMeX8
    I have always been told that "normal" is just the setting on the dryer. The talent you have been blessed with is anything but normal. The joy that you give to others is exceptional. May the Lord continue to bless you with the talent in your hands and mind. Should there be any way that you could to a tutorial, we would certainly be in attendance.
    Keep up the good work... Will be waiting for your next project.

The first four sentences could be made into a poster!

If only I could quilt like that. I wouldn't even mind being called weird or whatever. Guess I started to late in life. Your work is gorgeous.

Oh yes, a tutorial would be wonderful!. Maybe then we all could be called "stange quilter" and we wouldn't mind a bit.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I see a German girl who knows what she likes and follows her artistic dream. Nothing weird or strange about that at all.

Blog Entries
    You may be a bit different from the rest of us, but if my quilts turned out as gorgeous as yours, I would paint myself plaid and stand on my head.

This whole diatribe is to say whatever works for you is great. And you get such spectacular finished products.

You have caught some fish if fishing for compliments. Your quilting is beautiful. Wish I could handquilt - to my satisfaction, but I can't get the stitches like my mother and grandmother did so I get frustrated. And, my fingers go numb - therefore, I use a machine and also all the STUFF that goes with machine quilting.

But, I admire you - your have a wonderful hobby, beautifully done, and don't have the need for all the extras. You are indeed a quilter - in the truest form!

Not a strange one, just your own person. We all do things that others would seem strange. It is just like moving into a new house, I don't mind my dirt but I don't want their dirt!!! LOL!!~!

Congratulations for sharing your work with us. You carry the tradition!

You think out of the box. I would not say strange I would say genious.
    NEVER used a seam ripper????
    Does that mean you never take out anything and do over???
    Amazing

Absolutely beautiful work!

Absolutely beautiful work!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast