Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
streaky stainless fridge door >

streaky stainless fridge door

streaky stainless fridge door

Old 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM

There used to be a product called Sheila Shines - in SC. Got so tired of cleaning the stainless steel, went back to white when we moved to FL. It came in a spray and also in wipes. That's been 10 yrs ago so not sure if they still make them. I'm a fan of vinegar and water too. Use it on everything now.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM

A drop or two of baby oil works once you have cleaned the surface. Just put a few drops on a dry rag and wipe the surface.
It leaves a nice shine.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mim
I know I saw it somewhere, but a search didn't turn up anything.

The new condo has stainless fridge and oven doors and they streak !! do you have any suggestions on keeping it clean without streaks??

Thanks -- Mim

in every day rainy WA
No suggestions about the stainless. But, just got back from 10 days in rainy WA. Am loving my Louisiana sunshine!!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 PM

We don't have stainless because I prefer white appliances, but as RkayD says Turtle wax should work. My DH uses it on our shower walls to make them easier to clean. We do rinse the shower after every use, too. White vinegar is another great cleaner for removing streaks.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 PM

I have tried so many products, but the only one that works for me on my stainless steel appliances is Pledge Furniture Polish. It is the one in the light blue can that says "Dust & Allergen". Someone recommended it to me and it really does work, when nothing else did. So give it a try, you will love it!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM

I use Weiman spray cleaner and it does a wonderful job on cleaning the fridge; it also comes in wipes.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Believe it or not, take a bit of olive oil on a rag and rub down the stainless steel. Eliminates all smudges with ease!
Originally Posted by mim

The new condo has stainless fridge and oven doors and they streak !! do you have any suggestions on keeping it clean without streaks??

Thanks -- Mim

in every day rainy WA
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
Originally Posted by mim

Thanks -- Mim

in every day rainy WA
Cheap vodka works great for non-streaking. But if you take a swig of it - you won't care if there are steaks or the house is clean :) - all in fun.

:-D That's just too funny!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM

And I thought I was the only one left in the universe who still hand-washes my dishes!! I find a certain calm in washing up after we're done with dinner. Of course, with my girls out of the house now, it's just my DH and I, but I STILL have to clean the pots and pans!!
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I just use a soapy dishrag after doing dishes (yes, we do dishes the old fashioned way), then dry it with a clean towel.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
mim

at the Maine cottage we don't have a dishwasher -- too hard to winterise -- so we hand wash -- Ed washes and I dry. It is just another time of sharing our closeness. Like having candles on the table for our evening meal.

Thanks for all the suggestions -- I haven't tried anything yet. This afternoon I hemmed the last set of drapes for the sewing room/den. Now to start hanging paintings. Big decisions and lots of thinking first. I hate filling nail holes.

Mim

Originally Posted by Debbie C
And I thought I was the only one left in the universe who still hand-washes my dishes!! I find a certain calm in washing up after we're done with dinner. Of course, with my girls out of the house now, it's just my DH and I, but I STILL have to clean the pots and pans!!
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I just use a soapy dishrag after doing dishes (yes, we do dishes the old fashioned way), then dry it with a clean towel.