Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stripology Squaare up Ruler and rotating mat >

Stripology Squaare up Ruler and rotating mat

Stripology Squaare up Ruler and rotating mat

Old 06-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

I have the Martelli rotating mat. I like it for the large size. It has never wobbled but it could if the two pieces aren't put together to match exactly. I found it at a great price at Walmart online. Put the item in your cart and Amazon will send you notices when price changes. Weird but sometimes the price will drop to over half off one day and be back to regular price the next.

I use the Quilter's Slidlock on all my rulers and it works great on the JT or Stripology.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 AM

I love the Martelli mat, it works beautifully and mine does not wobble at all
Old 06-22-2018, 02:17 PM

That Stripology Squared ruler is my absolute favorite. Right now I am using the Fiskars rotating mat, but the Matilda is on my wish list.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:09 PM

I haven't had much luck with rotating mats -- seems like they always warp on me no matter how careful I am with them. I use a smaller cutting mat on top of my large mat, turning the smaller mat when I need to. Haven't had any experience with the Stripology ruler. I DO put True Grips on all my rulers to keep them from slipping.

Linda in MO
Old 06-22-2018, 09:23 PM

I used to use the June Taylor Shape and Cut, but it seemed that it was too flexible so my cuts weren't as straight as I hoped they'd be. Now I use the Stripology rulers. I have both sizes. I use the original one more than the squared one, since it allows me to cut more at one time. I have both sizes of the Olfa rotating mats and like them a lot. The 12" one is what I use most often. I take it to classes, even if I don't need the rotating function, because it is a convenient size.

Leslie
Old 06-22-2018, 10:36 PM

Well, I went and bit the bullet last night and ordered the Stripology square up ruler. $52.99 for a 12" square ruler. Now that hurts. Thank you lindachipper for bringing the Matilda rotary mat to my attention. I hadn't known about it. I like the 1//4" markings on it. Wish they had put a 60 degree angle on it. I am torn between it and the Martilli.

Also, thank you RhondaK for your suggestion on trying a 60 mm cutter for better control. I thought the smaller the blade the better the control, but I'm a novice. I will get one and try it. And yes I do use grips under all of my rulers now. It's more my hand not behaving.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:31 AM

I vote for the Martelli- I've had mine for quite a few years and love it! No problems and it's great for classes with the interchangeable ironing top. I bought mine 50% off on one of their sales as mentioned above.