Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Sunday Mystery Quilt

Blog Entries
    Well I caved today and went and bought fabric so tonight and tomorrow I will be cutting to get ready for Sunday WOO HOO
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    Here is the fabric- the blue is more of a darker Teal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fabriclovr

Its Friday Night, do you need a new blade in your rotary cutter now?

According to my count down timer, at the time I post this we will have:

1 day 10 hours till second clue..
    will you be ready?

Name:  place saver.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  7.1 KB

Just checked site and she gives supplies list as well as 32-4 3/4 squares and I'm going to start cutting in the morning(later today as it is already morning).Can't wait as do not care for football and hubby doesn't watch either.
    Retta97

Blog Entries
    Retta which Mystery quilt are you doing ? Fabriclovr posted her own as the other site didn't get her list or supplies up

here is the link to the one we are doing https://sites.google.com/site/rustysquilts/

And just so you knows I have the fabrics all cut and tomorrow I will piece the starting clue

Blog Entries
    retta which site are you referring to? i would like to take a look at that project. i have another pattern i planned to use for super bowl sunday but will check in on this thread periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by retta97 View Post
    Just checked site and she gives supplies list as well as 32-4 3/4 squares and I'm going to start cutting in the morning(later today as it is already morning).Can't wait as do not care for football and hubby doesn't watch either.
    Last edited by Havplenty; 02-03-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Here is my fabric choices for the SBS Mystery Quilt, all pulled from my stash. Now to get some cutting done.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Oh Caroline I likey LOL This is going to be so much fun - I love seeing the same pattern , but they look so different due to the colors

Fabriclovr
    I think this is the best part of being the designer, seeing all of the color combinations that everyone chooses and how everyone sees something different in your instructions. This should be fun, I want everyone to post pictures of your progress as we sew tomorrow Now I just cant wait!!

Fabriclovr
    I have updated the website https://sites.google.com/site/rustysquilts/ rearranged and added a page for notes and comments. I have also updated Clue #1 - Time to Strip!. Nothing drastic, just an adjustment to a picture and the wording on a paragraph or two, no changes to the sewing or cutting. Just me tweaking the clue.

I will also be uploading the EQ7 .PJ7 file at the end of the day, so those of you with EQ7, can have the file to refer to as well. I have striped it down to the bare bones so the size of the file will be around 2.75mb.

Countdown is to 21 hours!!!!

I will be joining this SBS.
    Happy fingers, happy heart.

All cut and ready to go tomorrow morning. I hope I can make quick progress because I have to go to a Birthday party tomorrow afternoon.
    I was not happy with my original solid black fabric so I shopped my stash. I came up with one of my favorites, Timeless Treasures black with small red dots. Now I am happy.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I have to get the first step sewn - still have a few hours LOL

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    I have to get the first step sewn - still have a few hours LOL
    Don't stress about it, its two strips and some quick cuts.. 20 minutes max!

Now talk about stress! That's me. I hope all the instructions are correct, I think they are , I think they are, I think they are . . . . . . LOL

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    All cut and ready to go tomorrow morning. I hope I can make quick progress because I have to go to a Birthday party tomorrow afternoon.
    6 Clues and I have already given you the 1st one, so 5 to go. Starting at 8 MST, you will be done by 1pm MST or
    3 EST. I will leave the clues up for 48 hours so you have time to get them. They will be for sale after I compile all of the info and make the needed corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    6 Clues and I have already given you the 1st one, so 5 to go. Starting at 8 MST, you will be done by 1pm MST or
    3 EST. I will leave the clues up for 48 hours so you have time to get them. They will be for sale after I compile all of the info and make the needed corrections.
    Thanks Susan. I am a very early riser so I will be looking for the clues first thing in the AM.
    Sweet Caroline

Fabriclovr

Exclamation

** DESIGNER UPDATE **

Good evening everyone! Hope you have all of your pieces cut, fabric sample card done so you don't forget what you choose for fabric a, b & c. Gather a small stack of papers or post-it notes so you can label each block as you make them. Put a sharp blade in your rotary cutter, wind an extra bobbin, put a fresh needle of your choice in your machine, put water in the iron, paper in the printer, staples in the stapler and the coffee ready for the morning.

Because this is an untested pattern (although the one I did was fine) Please take some notes for me as we sew.
    1. I need to know at what level you believe your skills are at and if this pattern was to advanced, to simple or just right.
    2. Tell me if you think it took too much fabric or just the right amount.
    2a. Was the quilt too big or not big enough?
    3. Was I too specific on the fabrics to get or do I need to be a little less specific now that you see the quilt together.
    4. Were the instructions clear or did you have difficulty understanding the concept for a step?
    5. Did the pictures and drawings help or were there too many or not enough?
    6. Were there any typos?
    7. Was the size of the font too large? What size do you think would be better?
    8. Were the pictures large enough or too large?
    9. Was the website easy to navigate?
    10. Were the files easy to download, save and open?
    11. Would you like to do more mystery quilts in the future?

I ask that you please PM me with the answers, I don't want to clutter up the list.

Would you like to be a tester for my next mystery quilt? (I don't pay and you have to provide your own fabric, but you get an original quilt design ) I will be looking for about 5 to 7 testers at all skill levels.

In the mean time, enjoy the mystery and let the Prestidigitation begin!
    Last edited by Fabriclovr; 02-04-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Fabriclovr I would love to be a tester on the next one in fact I think I can arrange for a few of varying skill levels LOL

I have all of step one done- all packed up to head to Moms in the morning Dad has the menu planned for out lunch Yep we are one spoiled group of quilters !

I will pass your list on to the others tomorrow so they can help fill it out

Fabriclovr
    Good Morning Everyone! Are you all set up and ready to go? Had your coffee yet? Get a good nights sleep?

All I dreamed about last night was instructions and Prestidigitation!

See you in 20 minutes with the announcement of the 1st clue!!

Blog Entries
    Still packing up and have to defrost the car will be heading out here in a couple minutes- good thing the parents live so close

Wonder how many will be popping in here ?

Fabriclovr
    Clue #2 is ready to download! https://sites.google.com/site/rustysquilts/

Fabriclovr
    Still packing up and have to defrost the car will be heading out here in a couple minutes- good thing the parents live so close

In just 10 seconds, I had 8 hits on the clue page... I hope a lot more will show up

Blog Entries
    fabriclovr,
    I am following along but can't play today. I hurt my shoulder yesterday. Everything was cut and ready to go. I am saving all the instructions and I just looked at the clue. It is going to be a wow. I love it already.
    Happy Quilting.

Got it. Going to get dressed and commence sewing.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    you ladies (or gents) have fun today. i have started on the pattern i was using for my sbs quilt. i cut and sewed the hst's last night. i have a sb party to attend today (i love football) so i know i will not finish it today. i will check the thread before i head out today. good luck to everyone.

here is my pattern and my progress:

Name:  DUTCH PINWHEEL QUILT.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  198.7 KB Name:  sbs.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  62.0 KB

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast