Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Table runner opinion needed >

Table runner opinion needed

Table runner opinion needed

Old 07-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Hi Jo....my table is the same sz.....and my most favorite table topper is the one I designed myself....what I do is cut (2) pieces of fabric the same sz.....19"x19" is the sz when its completed so cut them at 20" to allow for mistakes and for a 1/4" seam.......then you take the top piece and face wrong side on a piece of batting then take your bottom piece and face it on the back side.... then you sew around all sides and leave about 10" opening and turn it inside out and you have your topper...........I then use rick rac on the ends after quilting it......and of course this is all done after you sew the opening up..........the best part about this is I make two different sides for example....I do one for halloween and the other side is leaves for the fall so you actually have a reversible topper.......I make them for gifts etc......I hope I explained this right for you if you have any questions e-mail me and I will be glad to help you....Trish
Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 PM

The Swirling Stars card trick link doesn't work at the moment. It seems to be the same as the one called Strata Star and Star Spin. I can't refrain from pointing out that if you make one of these you need to be very careful about the amount of contrast because if there is a very dark strip in it, it tends to show up as a swastika! Once I saw that (on a mostly red, light blue and black one that googled up) I couldn't stop seeing it.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Terry Atkinson has cool patterns that are adaptable with many colors
I like this idea the best for a round glass table. My father has a glass table and would look nice with this pattern
Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 PM

I just finished this table runner today and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I have a round table and made it just to fit across with no overhang. It was a tutorial I saw on Missouri Star. Very easy. Great instructions. Easy.
Attached Thumbnails table-runner-ms.jpg