Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tangle Mess! >

Tangle Mess!

Tangle Mess!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I was just trying to show you that it's possible to pay less for better quality thread. But you don't seem to want to entertain the possibility that C&C might not be the most for your money.

And don't yell.
I stated why some people may prefer C&C, over the other brands. . . and I defended a person's right to choose whichever thread, he/she wants to use, without backlash. BTW, not everyone is comfortable, ordering online. Anyway, it's thread, for pity's sake!!!

I chose to write CHOICE, in all caps, because sometimes people fail to see the word, "CHOICE."

That said, I have no problem ordering online, so am going to check out the site, you mentioned. I probably have at least a hundred spools of C&C, from years of sewing, and intend to keep using them. However, I do enjoy less lint-duty . . . and would also like to try one of the finer threads, to make my bobbin last longer.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 PM

I washed my fabrics only once and I ended up with a very tangled mess. After that I just wash the quilts when I am done. No mess, no problems.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
Thanks but don't have a serger. I hand piece.
A long time ago when I watched Simply Quilts and quilting shows such as that, someone suggested sewing the two cut ends of the fabric together (as the piece would be circular). Then when the piece was dried, rip or cut off the seam.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

I don't think anyone wants their choices denigrated - most people are doing the best they can with what they have.

It's interesting to know about other products and techniques that are available - and then be able to decide whether one wants to try them or not.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:07 PM

For large pieces of fabric if you fold it like an accordion from selvage to selvage and pin it through all layers on both ends with large safety pins it will not tangle. THIS WORKS!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 PM

The rotary cutters are in any fabric store with notions.
Also,in some of the kits the pieces are so small that after you wash them there won't be enough left to make your quilt
Old 07-26-2012, 05:01 AM

What did you do? Wash it for 14 minutes? LOL A minute or two is all that is necessary. It just has to get wet.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 AM

Good for you!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:27 AM

I use old thread or bobbin thread to zig-zag the raw edges before washing my fabric. This way I can use up the thread with out wasting any. I have to wash my fabric as I have severe allergies to the chemicals in fabric.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rumbols View Post
I use old thread or bobbin thread to zig-zag the raw edges before washing my fabric. This way I can use up the thread with out wasting any. I have to wash my fabric as I have severe allergies to the chemicals in fabric.
I also do this when I don't serge - I do try to use a same color or lighter thread than the fabric,though. (I'm thinking this is probably not necessary - but I do it, anyway)