Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-16-2011, 05:58 PM

He was smart. He knew it was easier to give you the fabric for free than it is to fix the darn department.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:11 PM

i was at wal mart the other day and the guy who rang out my groceries was so nice and he said that they had cut all employees fro 40hr to 25/26 enough so they don't have to pay any bennies. how can anyone be full time get by on a big cut of hrs like that. plus here in fl. the snowbirds have started to arrive they s/b adding hrs on. i don't get it our pres. says he'll give monies to hire so these big places layoff or get rid of all together. i think it's maybe trying to make america fail. sue
Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 PM

I have to let you know what happened at the wal-mart where I shop. For some reason,I think it is becuase I am old I left my purse in the shopping cart and drove home..I was so disgusted with myself, but thought well i'll go back and just look mabie no one has taken it. There was a young man gathering carts and I asked him if he had seen my purse. He said yes mame I took it into customer service. I went and got it, everything was in it. I then went and found him and tried to give him some money as a thank you. He said no he would'nt take it, when I asked why, he said it was his personal code. So I went in and told the manager that he had a steller employee and how thankful I was that he had reurned my purse. I am very happy with the people who work at this wal-mart.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by valsma

It gets bad at a lot of the store. My girlfriend once was allowed to walk up to the Store in Redmond when they were in the middle of a bomb scare.
If you hear an announcement over their speakers telling you that they need to close the store because of an electrical...or other utility problem, and will reopen as soon as it is repaired....GET OUT OF THE STORE. Just leave the cart and get out. That is the code for BOMB THREAT.

You would NOT believe how hard it is to get people to leave the store. They want to check out the merchandise first. They want to "ask you one more thing" or "I don't mind shopping in the dark"

Well, the people who work there WANT OUT OF THE BUILDING. So please, if they ask you to leave, please do. The life you save could be the one who might know how to cut fabric.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Originally Posted by valsma
Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.
I once taught a tall nice guy clerk from some other department who was filling in for lunch....how to measure and cut fabric!
We both enjoyed the experience.
I had to show the guy how to measure the fabric when I wanted over a yard of one of the colors. He would stick a sticker at the 1 yard mark then measure the rest. I showed him how to mark the fabric with his fingers and pull it to the next amount needed. He was actually glad to learn that. Made it easier than looking for sticker.

He may think it was easier to give me the fabric and not fix the dept. at the time, but I still expect them to fix the fabric dept.

I agree if they ask you to leave the store for whatever reason, then leave the store. In my friends case the bomb scare was well under way and the police were already there and it had been evacuated. You would have thought the police would have blocked the driveways, all of them. That when someone saw her drive in, park and walk to the front door, someone would have stopped her. It was all just a total breach of protocol.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:24 PM

After reading all these negative posts, I am reinforced in my decision to NEVER shop at Walmart. Their products, if not name brand, are usually inferior, sullen employees, and the thought of waiting 45 min. in the fabric dept. is insulting!!!!!
There are plenty of stores that offer close bargains, and it's worth it to patronize those.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM

When they remodeled our Walmart and took out the fabric craft dept they enlarged the electronics. I wrote a letter asking how many tv's they expected to sell. I explained that I was in the store every weekend buying fabric prior to the remodel. Now, since I have to go out of town I choose not to go to a Walmart 40 miles away that DOES have fabrics. I explained that if they were making me shop out of town for fabric my funds would not be spent in another Walmart. They are costing me money for gas to travel so I will not reward that. Never had a response.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
elm

Plus, Walmart doesn't have a good report for the way they treat women and minorities.
Originally Posted by gramalama9
After reading all these negative posts, I am reinforced in my decision to NEVER shop at Walmart. Their products, if not name brand, are usually inferior, sullen employees, and the thought of waiting 45 min. in the fabric dept. is insulting!!!!!
There are plenty of stores that offer close bargains, and it's worth it to patronize those.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 PM

My guess is that the decisions about the fabric dept are being made by people who know zilch about fabrics and sewing. In the recent remodel they've taken out the nice thread display and it's down to a very small amount--the basics. Somebody doesn't understand about matching threads to fabrics. This is in a town that anyone needing a color not in that small amount would need to drive 60-70 miles for a spool of thread to match some of their fabrics! Duh....
Old 09-17-2011, 11:17 PM

poor guy !!!! but you ended up doing great, our walmart brought back fabric i stopped to look at it today it was about 15 bolts of a silky material !! and that was it ! oh by the way it was old and ugly also !!