Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-15-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.
ROFL. Sounds like my Walmart and unfortunately I work there. Are they all the same? Wow. I am still stupified at how they stay in business. But yeah, the dept has two women that work there. The other part of their department is way across on the other side of the store, which has the yarn and other craft items. It makes no sense whatsoever. They get away with running us thin and frazzled, because we do need the job. Yes, dept managers run 2 and 3 departments at a time. If they are lucky, they will have an associate in their dept to help. Otherwise, it is just them and they work from 7-4pm. Then it is up for grabs on who may have the time to even go by their dept after that. Someone it making money though, they keep opening new stores.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Dee

I just wish we could get ours back.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 PM

If you want to call Walmart's customer service, number is 1-800-Walmart. If you are in the store, and just happen to pick up one of their phones, and dialing 9 gets you out, it's 1-700-Walmart, normal office hours. But you didn't hear it from me.

The majority of the phones will not get you an outside line.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 AM

Hmmm......

Perhaps this is a way to get salespeople back into departments.....at least to monitor the phone usage.

Originally Posted by auniqueview
If you want to call Walmart's customer service, number is 1-800-Walmart. If you are in the store, and just happen to pick up one of their phones, and dialing 9 gets you out, it's 1-700-Walmart, normal office hours. But you didn't hear it from me.

The majority of the phones will not get you an outside line.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 AM

I am sure Sam Walton is turning in his grave. We need to start a call in and write in campaign to WalMart Corporate as this problem is also in my area. They may be getting fabrics back but they have no one to manage or run the department. So sad. At least we are blessed with two great fabric stores 40 miles away that are locally owned.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dogwood Quilter
I am sure Sam Walton is turning in his grave. We need to start a call in and write in campaign to WalMart Corporate as this problem is also in my area. They may be getting fabrics back but they have no one to manage or run the department. So sad. At least we are blessed with two great fabric stores 40 miles away that are locally owned.
I agree with Sam turning in his grave. It is really sad how things are run.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 AM

I have mentioned this before, but I have written email after email to corporate about the lousy customer service, mis-priced items, ect. in the local store. The store managers call you and tell you what they are going to do to fix the problem, which they do and it last about 5 mins. It is a joke. I still write corprate, but this time I figured a person needed to hear me.
I actually feel for the people on the front lines, they are just trying to keep thier jobs by having to work from dept. to dept. and they are truely under appreciated.

It gets bad at a lot of the store. My girlfriend once was allowed to walk up to the Store in Redmond when they were in the middle of a bomb scare. The police hadn't blocked an driveway and everyone from the store who had been evacuated were out in the parking lot. She drove in, parked and approached the building. People saw her walk up but not one person tried to stop her, not even the people standing around just inside the entrance who should have shooed her away and told her why. Turned out to be a false alarm, but what if it hadn't been? We were visiting that weekend and I told her to send an email to corporate and tell them what had happend. Next morning they were on the phone and were telling her that company protocol on those situations had been overlooked and they were extremely sorry.
WalMart is a needed service in this world today because besides resale shops most low income people can't afford to shop in high end stores today. Most of us have to shave pennys where we can. This is an international company that can offer up good customer service as well as good prices if they wanted to. Maybe if they spent less time having their morning cheer sessions with associates for WalMart and taught customer service people wouldn't be so cranky.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Do we remember when WalMart advertised that their merchandise was Made in the USA? Must have been when Sam and Mrs. Sam were still around.....
Old 09-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.
I once taught a tall nice guy clerk from some other department who was filling in for lunch....how to measure and cut fabric!
We both enjoyed the experience.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:55 PM

I love the Walmart fabrics but I cannot stand for long periods of time waiting for someone to assist me. Wonder what they would do if after a 5 minute wait we reached into our purses and pulled out a pair of sissors and a tape measure? If no one will come I would assume it is self service. he he! "It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission !