Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Ooophs, saw someone else just said this.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Sounds great - truth is he probably had no idea how to scan the code and print a ticket though
Old 09-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Dang did you luck out..
Old 09-15-2011, 10:58 AM

At least you were finally able to get your fabric. And you probably said what we would all like to say at one time or another. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:01 AM

I had a problem in the paint dept. once. Waited for what seems like forever for help. Asked every employee I saw to help or call someone. No one helped or called.
Did you know they don't like that when the customer picks up the phone and uses the intercom to ask for help in a department. Nope! They don't like it at all.
Got my paint mixed and royally made the gal mad. Don't care she should have been doing her job instead of gabbing with another employee while stocking.

The fabric dept. we have is nice. Usually don't have any problems getting cuts made. Fabric isn't too bad but you have to watch it if you get it off the cheap table. It usually will have flaws in it.
Employees in that dept. are pretty nice.

Grocery is terrible! Can't understand why that area is so messy and looks dirty all the time.

Absolutely refuse to buy my meats from walmart. Always had to return it so I quit and buy it at a better store.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM

That happened to me one time in Hobby Lobby. After repeated ringing of the bell to attract a "cutter" I finally measured and cut the fabric myself, filled out the charge slip, took it to the cashier and paid for it!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Yes! Call the store and give him kudos! (maybe leave out the free part, dont want to get him in trouble..)
:P
Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Tammy, Hopefully you have opened the eyes of one store asst. mgr. and it will be solved for you. When you contact the corperate offiice informing them of this situation they will realize the fabric dept. can't make any money if they aren't servicing their customers and they will be loosing money and want to remove the dept. again.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview
There is a phone hanging on the wall right in the fabric dept of my favorite Walmart. Lol. And I used to work for Walmart. Uh....you can always pick it up and dial O and ask the operator to send someone over...good luck with that, unless it's after 11 pm. I think maybe I had better not tell you how to make the ATTENTION WALMART announcements, lol.
Hey, I really think you should tell us how to make that announcement ;)
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Talk about a coincidence - I stopped in our Wal-Mart fabric department today during my lunch and no one was around to cut fabric. A young man from electronics came over and cut the fabric for 2 of us that were waiting. Later I saw the gal that is the manager of that department and she told me that she is in charge of 3 other departments plus fabrics/crafts and they are not in the same area. I feel sorry for the employees that are spread so thin they can't take care of their customers. I'm sure they don't like it either.