Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 AM

Beautiful fabrics. :)
I have the same problem at my Wal-mart. So many times I wanted to have some fabric cut and no one was available or showed up. I gave up and left. Hopefully word will get out to all the stores.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Those fabrics are beautiful!! Perhaps, he needed the earful; but he deserves KUDOs as well. Call the store! Again, don't mention the free part.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:47 AM

That's a good resolution to the problem. At least Mgr. James understood what to do about customer service regarding a dissatisfied customer. :thumbup:

WalMart is starting to feel the pinch of self-service (from entering the door to check out!) as other stores are cutting into their bottom line. (finally!) It's time we let big box stores know what we want rather than dictating to us what we will get. I think a word to the coporate office will help bring WalMart back from self-service to customer service including positive feedback of what its doing right.

Ok off my soap box...for now.
Originally Posted by valsma
Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 AM

My nearest Wal Mart has fabric but it's so disorganized and leaning every which way that I don't enjoy looking at it. There also isn't a very good selection yet. I visited the fabric department in Springfield, MO, last weekend and it was fantastic! I hope my Wal Mart can find someone for the department that really cares how it looks. Also, the fabric is in a tiny area so there isn't much room for a good inventory.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:38 AM

I just got a flyer from Wal-Mart saying that fabrics are returning to their stores. Sadly, my closest store will not be one of the stores to get their fabric back. :(
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM

I refuse to shop at Wal Mart based on their corporate policies; the way they treat employees; and the foreign origin of most of their merchandise.

But this Assistant Manager James shows that employees can be radically different than the company they work for. Good for him!

Anita
Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Originally Posted by valsma
Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.
Wow, Valsma, why were you so mean to that poor store manager? Yeah, I get it, you wanted the fabric. He probably only gave you the fabric for free because he couldn't wait to see you leave.
Don't assume because I chewed his butt that I was mean about it. Prehaps you don't know how to give a butt chewing without being mean but if done correctly you can.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by OneMoreQuilt
It's nice to know there are still some people out there who care!!
And it is getting harder and harder to find them at times. I'd be sure to call and let him get some praise since he'd already been chewed!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM

My attitude goes directly to customer service and I don't alway hold the employee responsible,especially in big box stores. These giant corporations want our money but think we should sit back and take whatever crappy service they offer up to us. If we continue to accept it without making our thoughts on it known, then we deserve it. I however will not take it anymore. If I lived in a town that I had access to other retailers that offered a fabric dept. or even a fabric store where I can afford the fabrics I would shop there, unfortunately I don't. I live in a small town with one LQS of high priced fabrics and one WalMart. At the price of gas and being a one income family I have to budget how often I run to the next town 20 mins away where they have JoAnnes, also getting over priced.
Like with even my DRs. office I don't let them abuse my time anymore. One thing I learned in school was my time is as valuable as thiers.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Sometimes when I read good things about Walmart (besides being less expensive) I wish I could shop there, but their emplyee policies suck. I had a friend who was told she was the very best to replace the moving-on supervisor, but that too many people are not comfortable working under a woman!!!! And, the reason they have only part time is so they won't have to pay benefits. And they buy the cheapest Chinese junk. Someday China will upgrade and start producing reliable things, but that isn't prevalent yet. We have our own little protest going.