Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 AM

Another customer and I waited 20 minutes, rang the bell numerous times and nobody ever came. I just left and went ot Joann's where I had great customer service.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 AM

we still do not have a Walmart, maybe if we did it would have fabric, maybe if we had a Walmart and it had fabric there would be someone to measure, cut, and price it. LOL,ROFLOL (sigh)
Old 09-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

I have the same problem with my Walmart. Many times I walk out in frustration. But I don't blame you for sticking around, those are gorgeous fabrics. Glad everything turned out well.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:54 AM

Honestly I have the same issues when visiting Wal Mart. I once had the Asst Mgr help me as well. I did not get my fabric for free, but I did get it cut. There is absolutely no reason we should have to wait this long. I did get a flyer in the mail the other day saying over 2000 stores now had fabric. Of course what they did not say was there was no one to help you get it cut. lol.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:18 AM

I worked at walmarts once and I will tell you I had no life my shift was 1-9 worked most weekends couldn't get a day shift. By far it was the worst job I have ever had. I hated it worked in the fabric/craft dept, but had to do artifical flowers across the store and get yelled at if you weren't there to cut fabric. If I had somewhere else to shop I would but I live 50 miles from the closest larger city.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:20 AM

[quote=valsma] I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve.

The WalMart I go to has a sign "Fabric and Crafts" .... no fabric in sight. Called to this to attention of manager some time ago ... sign still there, still no fabric. :thumbdown: to WalMart in Los Angeles.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Wow, that really was nice of him!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by SMR
I have my local walmart's phone number in my cell phone contacts and if I don't get response to bell I call and for assistance to be sent to fabric cutting table. Usually don't have to call more than once. They even hid the bell to call for assistance once but after assistant manager answered my summons and I told her bell was no longer out it reappeared
Now that is pure genius! Thanks for the idea. Joanns is another place where this idea is needed. You get your fabric, you get your notions and then you stand and stand and stand waiting for someone to ring it up. They used to have a bell, but now they don't and so you stand and wait. Well, next time, I'm going to call them on my cell

:thumbup:
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 AM

I used to work at a wal-mart store and I have to tell you there are a few deptarments that are not allowed to be left without someone there to cover them, #1 is Electronics, #2 jewelry #3 sporting goods, #4 CRAFTS AND FABRICS. I know this was one of the biggest complaints that wal-mart has and it's sad it still hasn't been fixed. I have NEVER worked in the craft dept, but have worked many hours at the cutting table.

As far as the fabric coming back and small amount, most stores are waiting for a remodel to bring in more fabric. They'll do this when they rearrange the store and give the craft dept back there fabric footage.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 AM

We haven't lost our fabric dept but in the remodel of the store, they have cut back on the space and the arrangement of the dept. I should thank them for that as it is saving me a bundle! Rarely did I leave that store without some piece of fabric but the last 3 times I've been there I haven't purchased an inch!! I see few people browsing the dept since the remodel and none buying. The cutting table it less than 1/2 the space it used to be and there is nobody in the dept. The last time I got fabric there I rang the bell at least 3 times before a girl hurried over--from the paint dept!! The girls who used to work there and knew fabrics aren't anywhere in sight. They have reduced their thread inventory to a very small rack. Can tell that whoever redesigned the store hasn't a clue about marketing fabric and sewing items. Right next to the squished fabric dept are wide aisles for crafts and party items but no shoppers there either. And besides all that--they've raised their prices, too!!!!