Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend

Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 11-28-2019, 03:01 PM

Didn’t get much sewing done today. Too busy watching tv and washing my light colors for BHMQ. I’m ready to start that tomorrow. Over the weekend I plan to quilt 2-3 tops and put binding on a red scrappy quilt. I plan to machine sew the binding on. I’ll post pics as I get projects done or make progress.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tish05 View Post
Railroader's Brat neat hexies. My first quilt had a center of hexies completed on my embroidery machine. They are fun to sew together and yours look really neat.
Thank you!

It's funny you should mention that, I wasn't thinking embroidery but when I top stitch to finish it, I thought a simple continuous line rose would look really nice in them. I haven't gotten that far into the whole design yet, I usually think of those things about mid-way through. I do know I'm doing a dark green backing.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:57 PM

I would like to say count me in, but lots going on this weekend. I have to work tomorrow then it's off to Joann Fabric for some Black Friday deals. Saturday I should get some time at the sewing machine hopefully. Then Sunday I will be vending at a craft fair for the day. I'm sure I will sneak in moments at the sewing machine, but after waking up to 10 inches of snow and no power this AM, not as much time as I would like. This was our first significant snowfall, and snow always make me want to hang out for hours in my quilting studio.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:24 PM

Well, I slacked off quite a bit today, played my video game for awhile, took the dog for a walk, did get in one bubble bath... and I did get some done on the Cherry Goose top. I had to cut the setting triangles but I had my counts and measurements, anyway done now. All blocks are made, layout is confirmed, is sort of a hybrid between 1 & 2 in the pictures in the other thread. Subtle but the arrows go around in an endless loop/figure 8/infinity symbol. I've pinned together the first round of connections but my back said to take a break and my hubby will soon be home and there will be leftovers for me to make a nice meal.

It's been a good day for me, I hope all of you had a good one too.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

So fun to hear and see what everyone is doing. I'm cutting and piecing scraps for this to be given as guild presents by the program committee.

http://www.laundrybasketquilts.net/L...PinCushion.pdf

My weekend will extend into next week as I drive out of town to "baby" sit our 2 HS Grands while Mom and Dad are on business trips. Hope to get some more sewing done!
Old 11-28-2019, 07:46 PM

Hi Everyone! I just set up my early Christmas present (Janome 6700) so I'm itching to sew!

I'm finishing up a top of scraps and train fabric for the Linus project. I will post a picture when it's all done. I have another quilt on the design wall, but I'm thinking of working on a few blocks from my oldest UFO first. Then when the mystery comes out I'll be side-tracked!
Old 11-28-2019, 11:18 PM

I'm in. My craft fair is next Friday and I'm going to be busy, busy, busy! Probably a nervous wreck, considering it's my first one ever. It's so much more than just sewing, but I do have to have inventory!
Old 11-29-2019, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Here's what I have on my design wall - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620314[/ATTACH]
Jane, can you please share the name/source of this great project? My string basket is overflowing and this looks like a good project for it! Thanks.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
Jane, can you please share the name/source of this great project? My string basket is overflowing and this looks like a good project for it! Thanks.
here's a link to a tutorial right here on the QB
Basic Instructions for Boxes of Strings
Old 11-29-2019, 04:02 AM

Hello, all. I just stumbled on this thread this morning and so... here I go. I have a long term hand quilting project that is thirteen blocks wide, so I am tracking my progress by finished rows. I want to get one row finished today. I so seldom have a whole day to quilt and Friday is it, until the middle of December. Will have some evenings here and there but it is the end of the semester for my students and well they just would like their grades. Crazy college students! Also, I am co-chair for our Christmas Tea at church. That will be over a week from today, so that should open up some time.

I want to do the BHMQ but won't start until after the hand quilt is finished. Will be gathering clues etc. and start hopefully in February. I hope to get two quilts back today or tomorrow from the longarmer that are Christmas gifts and need their binding. Binding cut pressed and ready to go.

Then someone mentioned clearing their sewing room. What a fine idea. I could use a bit of time just clearing up old project scraps and getting UFO's in one place ready for the push to finish some in the new year. So, like many others, I have plenty to do. I have a plan and I will check in tomorrow to see and hear progress.