Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there something wrong? >

Is there something wrong?

Is there something wrong?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK
Is there something wrong with just making a quilt because you like the pattern. When I start a new quilt my DH asks, "Who gets that one"? Does it have to be for someone special? I don't have a lot of space to store quilts. It seems that he thinks that I need to give away a quilt as soon as it's done or have a time limit when it will go. Is it selfish to just want to make them? Do they always have to go? Thanks for your replies. BrendaK
I just about always make a quilt because I'm challenged by the pattern or just love it. I rarely have somebody in mind for them. It's time to chg. my thinking though.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM

I'm not to the point I can say it's for me (LOL) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with "just" making a quilt because you want to. I'd just tell him that the recipient of your quilt hasn't come into your head or life yet, but you will know who it belongs to in good time.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Rie

Originally Posted by MYWR
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - DH always praises what I do and wants to hang them up or do whatever it takes to get it to where it goes . . . if it is going somehwere - he always does whatever it takes to get it there !
how sweet. Does he have a brother who's willing to move to california. :D
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 AM

I love quilts and making them; the whole process and yes, I give lots of them away. Lately, I have come to recognize I need them, too!! So I make everything I like for myself ,too. I surround myself with my art, my craft, my passion!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rie
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - DH always praises what I do and wants to hang them up or do whatever it takes to get it to where it goes . . . if it is going somehwere - he always does whatever it takes to get it there !
No. . . finally got it right on the 3rd try - he one of a kind and We are not giving up each other ! I am tryuly lucky - but it was a long rocky road to get here !!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Is there something wrong with just making a quilt because you like the pattern. When I start a new quilt my DH asks, "Who gets that one"? Does it have to be for someone special? I don't have a lot of space to store quilts. It seems that he thinks that I need to give away a quilt as soon as it's done or have a time limit when it will go. Is it selfish to just want to make them? Do they always have to go? Thanks for your replies. BrendaK
Honey, you ARE special and so you get to make and keep as many quilts as you can. So what is the answer to your DH? "You bet your bitty, sweetheart! It's for me!" froggyintexas
Old 07-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Rie

No. . . finally got it right on the 3rd try - he one of a kind and We are not giving up each other ! I am tryuly lucky - but it was a long rocky road to get here !!
That's good news MYWR that means there's hope for me then. It will be my 3rd time too. I will just sit here sewing till my own special mr. right comes along.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM

I see nothing wrong with making a quilt just because you like it or want to try a certain pattern. You never know when an unexpected gift for someone may be required and if you have a few pre quilts for such an occassion. Maybe then he won't think it's such a bad idea to have them on hand. What about if the electricity is off during the winter and he's cold. That extra quilt may just keep him warm...

Does your DH collect things that he likes that may not be so useful as quilts? Guys always seem to have something the keep in jars in the garage or cellar to fix that some day problem around the house. the rest of the time they just sit waiting to be used. That should make him think differently about quilts.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:24 AM

Perhaps he's just making conversation and being interested in the quilts!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:36 AM

i think all my quilts are ones i did because i like the pattern !!