Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now >

Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Old 01-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Every once in a while I see a fat butt up in the air with the tail waving while it's owner searches under the book case for a forgotten toy. If you have bookcases mine seem to love them, even more than chests of drawers.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:10 PM

Hope you find your missing items soon. I don't have too many problems with my cats trying to get into things or taking things, my problem with them is that everytime I get up out of my chair to cut or iron, I turn around to find one of them on my sewing chair! We are constantly fighting over it!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Anything their little kitty paws can touch is game to be on the floor it seems. They pull it off and then generally leave it alone...unless it makes noise, then I have to search for it. Of course as I'm searching I have 2 fuzzy butts "helping" me wondering why I'm on the ground.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

Is that one of your "brats" on your Avatar?
What breed is that??? Looks GEORGEOUS!

When my cat Beep would get mad at me, he would take the yarn out of my basket and string it all OVER the house when I was gone!! I miss him sooo much :-(
Old 01-16-2011, 02:41 PM

Caught my cat trying to eat thread the other day. I stoped him and it was a god thing I did, there was a needle at the end of the thread.

OraLee

The needles would worry me to death! Years ago I actually had a cat swallow a needle that I had stuck in the side of a spool of thread. I alled the vet and asked what to do and they said "Oh , she probably didn't swallow it, just look around on the carpet." Well I saw her bat the spool off the table and by the time I got off the bed and grabbed the spool, she had pulled the thread loose and swallowed the piece of thread and the needle at the end!! One surgery and a few hundred dollars later I got my needle back. The sweet kitty has been gone for almost 10 years now but I still have the needle in a prescription bottle from the vets with her name and the date of removal on the bottle. The experience made me be much more careful
with my needles and thread!!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:41 PM

the animals CAN NOT be trusted with our things...much like husbands....
Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Believe me since that happened all my needles are in a bottle and not on the pin cushion.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 PM

My daughter has a friend whose cat ate some string. It got tangled in her intestines and she died in surgery. I don't let my daughter's cat near my studio when she visits.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 PM

After posting, I reminded my DH that - instead of saying to himself "how cute" when he saw them batting the things around - he should have taken the things away. After much searching, we found everything, thankfully, and have put a cover on the box.

3 weeks after adopting our older cat, she ate a length of a streamer type cat toy. $2,000 later, we had a healthy cat. It seems that these little creatures are so exposed to dangers.

The avatar is one of our cats. We think she's part Norwegian Forest Cat. Rumor has it that she wasn't the one who dragged everything out of the box.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:25 AM

A long time ago when I was hand quilting on my hoop our cat swallowed the needle & thread! Fortunately she wasn't seriously injured at all from this.