Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now >

Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 AM

I am so glad you found everything. We have two cats and they always "help" me quilt. One is especially good at helping with the "batting" I have scat mats in place, also little battery operated screamers that scare them off my tables.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 AM

My cat likes to pull the pins out of my pin cushion and drop them on the floor. She also likes to sit on whatever I'm quilting.
One of her really bad habits is sitting on my cutting table while I'm trying to do cutting, and swish her tail right where my rotary cutter is going. That could get ugly!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:51 AM

I had a cat that would take pins from my pincushion. I now keep it covered with a small glass "cheese" dome I purchased at the thrift store. My pin cushion is a small decoritive tea cup and saucer so other small items (thimbles etc.) can be put in the saucer .
Old 01-17-2011, 07:51 AM

I have a 10 year old ShihTzu that eats any piece of fabric she finds. Can't tell you how many times I've "seen" the remains of fabric in her .....well, you get the picture. She also eats paper, dryer sheets and anything else she can find. We have learned to be sooooo careful about leaving anything she can get. Have tried everything I can think of to break her of this, but to no avail. She is lucky I love her so much!!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Caught my cat trying to eat thread the other day. I stoped him and it was a god thing I did, there was a needle at the end of the thread.

OraLee
I am also terrified of beethoven finding another pin. He swallowed a flower head pin which ended up going through his stomach or intestines into his body cavity. $2500 later, I have the pin in a bag in my desk drawer. I get so mad at myself every time I think of what he had to go through because of my carelessness.

Leslie

The needles would worry me to death! Years ago I actually had a cat swallow a needle that I had stuck in the side of a spool of thread. I alled the vet and asked what to do and they said "Oh , she probably didn't swallow it, just look around on the carpet." Well I saw her bat the spool off the table and by the time I got off the bed and grabbed the spool, she had pulled the thread loose and swallowed the piece of thread and the needle at the end!! One surgery and a few hundred dollars later I got my needle back. The sweet kitty has been gone for almost 10 years now but I still have the needle in a prescription bottle from the vets with her name and the date of removal on the bottle. The experience made me be much more careful
with my needles and thread!!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 AM

They want "mommy" to play............HIDE AND SEEK!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Our beagles are good n sewing room they just look for crumbs of food everywhere!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM

I have a hand-me-down cat from my daughter. He ate a roll of Christmas ribbon before I got him. Guess he started playing with it and swallowed a piece. Couldn't get it out and just kept swallowing more. She had to pull it out foot by foot. Good thing she found him before the last of it went down. Not a pleasant task for either human or cat. Moral--keep unsafe things out of their reach or watch them very closely.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:27 PM

I rescued a thread from Ginger the other day---half swallowed --with the needle attached--thank goodness on the end sticking out. I left my pincushion for about 30 seconds to answer the phone!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Hope the cat did not get hold of the needles. Could be traggic, but kitty cats are sweet.