Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 06:38 AM

Anything newer than what you are used to is always a bit daunting; however, slowly but surely, I am becoming accustomed to the new formats. I am constantly amazed at what I can find if I just take the time. My one question at the moment is why are some of the envelop icons pink and some are blue? Otherwise, I am having fun searching thru the new board.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 AM

My dad used to have this sign displayed on their fridge and it made my mom SOOO MAD. It read: "Women do not pass gas, burp or snore...therefore they MUST complain or they will blow up"... LOLOL

It was worded a TAD more crass then that, but you get the gist. hehe....

There will ALWAYS be those (male and female) who "BLOW UP" and refuse to appreciate anything no matter HOW it's handed to them free of charge. So.. I say don't let the cyber door hit them in the fanny on the way out. This is a great board, and they will be back after they realize that.

Last edited by Highmtn; 11-05-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 AM

Patrice, who is a guest on the live chat? It would be nice to know who is lurking in the shadows.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Thank you Patrice for your time and dedication to this board and for pouring your heart into improving it. Change can be difficult, more so for some people than others. My hope is that everyone just takes a deep breath, settles down, and comes to appreciate all of the wonderful new features. I, for one, LOVE the mobile app. That's where I check the board most days when I have a few minutes. I find this quicker than the computer most of the time. Again, bless you and all the other wonderful people who were involved with this effort. I can't imagine how you find time for the board, a job, and family. Do you ever sleep?!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Thumbs up Hanging in here!!

Thanks, Patrice for your comments. Like many other here I am having difficulties with the new format but I am hanging in here because I LOVE this site. We must remember that it is the same site just a different look. As quilters we have seen how quilts have changed over the ages so we are flexible with that concept. I am trying to apply that to the new look here. I have two questions/suggestions:
1. Is there a Q&A place to learn about things like the "ignore" button and how to change font colour, etc? If so, I can't find it. If not, it might really help.
2. I love how today's email directed me to "busiest threads"; however, busiest threads in "Pictures" was not there. As that is my favourite section, can that also be included on the page?
And, the site already looks more attractive and easier on the eyes, thanks for that.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 AM

Patrice!!
I Loooove youuu!!!! Oh thank you thank you thank you SOOOO MUCH!! I owe you big time, what do you need??!!! A cup of coffee, tea and krumpets? Meatloaf or a Roast!!?? Ha! It had to be you that got me out of Mobile Style!! Bless you're heart...you're a good woman!! Now I like this sight even better and appreciate it even more!!
Thanks so much!!! Momma_K...(Kathy)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:53 AM

Im really trying I got used to everything being dated and now all I can find is numbers of pages an not finding when and what day and some one was always posting links .
Doesn't mean I dont like this site . I'm still dog paddling LOL
Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 AM

Thank you for the cream background It is so much better for my tired old eyes. I am learning more everyday and will sick with it until I get it. Thank you for the work you do for us.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 AM

Default New Site

I know that you can't please everyone, but I think that most folks that are regulars to this site are just so happy that we have a web site like this to visit we will adjust... Some folks would complain if you hung them with a new rope.... Just a joke... I for one appreciate all the efforts that is put into this web site. As far as change, in case we haven't noticed, look in the mirror we are changing every day....
Old 11-05-2011, 07:08 AM

Hang in there Patrice and thank you for your patients, most people hate change, but then they find it is for the better. They do not understand how much hard work goes into this.
You have a Blessed day
Ellen