Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 07:12 AM

Change keeps my brain alert. Change is change, I'll get used to the change and even learn to like it. Thanks for all you do.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 AM

Not everyone will be happy. Many do not like change. I for one am pleased with the new look. It is kinda like going to the quilt shop and finding a new fabric totally out of my comfort zone. But I am oh so excited to see what I can do with it. I am a postive person. I love to see the glass half full. So change is acceptable for me. Those who can't change can leave but why must they be mean hearted about ah well that is Life! Thanks for everything that you and the developers do!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 AM

Hey Bumble,
I can't agree with you more! Last night and early early this morning I was having trouble finding my way out of Mobile Style, well, it didn't make me hate the system or dislike it more but in my search of finding my way out I discovered a lot! And now that Patrice fixed it for me, I actually find I really like the new sight. It's still the same ol Board, same ol people, same ol subjects BUT with a fresh new look. To be honest I didn't like it at first, but this is the only place I can go on the web and feel comfortable and sorta like ...at home. A 2nd home if you will. I'm 54, 8 grandkids, 1 gr8t grand daughter and sperated for 8 years. I suffer at time with a panic and anxiety disorder (Thank God I'm getting help for that) and well, this is my "other medication". SO, I hung in here, discovered new things and now, it's like you see who the real "family members" are and the ones who bailed, well maybe they'll be back with a change of heart. I'm in one swap and the women there make me feel like I'm a real part of something. And it IS free! SO, I'm here, not leaving and with words like yours, it gives me strength to want to get more involved. I've been to other groups and you think This is confusing....good Lord I had to leave! I love Carol Doaks paper piecing methods and books but I could not follow that sight for nothing!! So, here I am and here I stay!

Thank you so much....Kathy G.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:16 AM

This is my first day on the new site. So far so good. It looks great.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Patrice, you and the developers have my thanks for all of the hard work to get this conversion to happen.

I have worked in software development and testing for 20+ years. I appreciate the work that has gone into trying to customize a generic template to our quilting forum. It is good that the developers were to so quickly able to get the color changed and the font enlarged -- it is a shame that it was not done prior to release. One of the most important items when doing an upgrade is to prevent data loss -- and for this board and the amount of data that we depend on, doing this was an amazing job. I am also amazed that there really was so little down time to do the conversion. Ccongratulations.

I think a lot of the frustration is that there was no help avaible to tell us how to do things we were used to. Also, there is a lot of computer jargon (without explanation) so folks have had problems trying to make things work for them -- a lot of our learning has to be trial and error and many of us don't have the time to play around for hours trying to figure out how to do something. This lack of help and the the things that don't seem to work intuitively are the cause of frustration.

I enjoy the information on the board and I love looking at the pictures that everyone posts. I hope all of the glitches can get straightened out, and we can all learn all of the ins and outs of the board soon so we can all get back to sharing information and pictures with each other.

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:23 AM

Patrice, all coordinators & tech staff, thank you for your patience, kindness to help us over this change. Thanks to all the board members for junping in to answer questions when they know the answer, I really appreciated it. I do feel we still should be able to voice our opinions, positive or negative & that it should be done respectfully & in a positive mannner. Enough said thanks again. P.S. Where is this ignore button everyone is talking about? Smiles
Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 AM

Well said from one who is across the border in Southwest Va and spends time in JC !
I came to the board to learn too...
Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 AM

The forum wasn't broken, but someone fixed it. I don't blame Patrice, but it sure is more difficult to find things. Don't hang around as much anymore and I am a very literate IT person. Site has too much clutter.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 AM
elm

Don't know if I missed something, but is there any way of being permanently logged in, or must I log in each time I want to read the board?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:42 AM

Default You go, Girl!

The first time I accessed the new format, I was overwhelmed. However, now that I've played around some, I think it will work out just fine. I did come across a mistake or two but those are now corrected. I do agree with the folks who find the blinding white difficult and the faded out acqua type too hard to read. I am hoping these two issues will see improvement.