Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by MacThayer View Post
Patrice, Tell your computer guys that there is a problem between the format of the new site, and the Mac computer. Even when I move from Safari to Firefox (which usually gives me more functionality under circumstances like these), I am not getting additional functionality. Case in point: I am unable, under any circumstances, to upload an image, and yes, I have watched the tutorial a half a dozen times. It does not work that way for me. As soon as I try to upload anything, the web site freezes up, and I have to: command/escape from a frozen site, and start all over. And yes, I have checked this out with a Mac Expert with over 30 years of experience working on every aspect of the Mac as well as building Mac websites, maintaining and upgrading Mac Websites for Corporate clients, and maintaining Mac Servers. He took my computer and logged onto your site, and after playing with it for a while, and trying to upload images, he said the problem was with the server, not my computer, and that the server isn't built to be friendly to Mac's. So I'm not trying to be negative here, just trying to be informative. I love this site, but I won't stay here if I can't fully participate. I hope this can be worked out. Thanks!
Hmmm, I didn't connect some of the problems with having an Apple. Yes, I tried the Firefox/Safari switching, too. My MacSavvy Son is coming to visit. He'll help me.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:11 AM

I too did not like the change but am learning to navigate to the features I use the most. Then I will try out some of the new ones. I hope those who left will come back and give this refreshing new board a chance. Thanks to the developers and Patrice for all their hard work.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:13 AM

Red face Re: Thoughts from Patrice

I was a complainer and for that I apologize. I was not ready for the shock of such a huge change (IMHO). One thing I do love is the color for turquoise is my favorite color. And the cream background is kind to my old tired eyes.

I did receive a lot of help and am doing my best to find all the features (old and new). I'm not up with the times technologically but am trying to keep my head above water. Thanks for all of the attention this board has received to keep it current and suited to our needs.

I did get a lot of sewing done while my frustration wore off. Then I decided to try it again in small doses. Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks, but this old dog is a slow learner.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:17 AM

I have been looking around this board the last couple days, and I am really liking it. Sure it's a new board, and have to get used to some things, but, the old board was new to many and must have had some strugles. I can's understand why some feel that this is not a good board and don't want to spend a little time looking around as I am
I know how difficult running a board is. I used to do a board for someone, and the headaches that came with it. Thank you for all you
Old 11-05-2011, 06:28 AM

Patrice, You must have a special kind of armour to take all the abuse you have been hit with for something you did not initiate. We are so lucky to have you. This is may be aging you, but it is helping the rest of us young be learning!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 AM

The change from white background to "cream" was a slight improvement. I still find I can only look at the board for shorter periods of time due to the harsh background and eyes watering, things getting blurry and headache starting. Looks more like an off white rather than "cream". Cream would be good. Darker print would also help I believe. Also I'm not able to locate the "recent post" button on the top right. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the moderators help and programmers also. All night and weekend implementations. Been there done that not fun, and less fun if all you get is flack!
Really, really miss Unread topics. really really love a REAL search function!
I understand how much overhead the Unread topics added so I'll just have to get over it. :-)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 AM

Hang in there Patrice! We members have the luxury of not reading the truly negative things, but unfortunately you and the other moderaters get the brunt of it. Most of the people posting (including me) seem to be having troubles adjusting, but we'll get better as each day goes by. It saddens me deeply to learn that you have had members who wrote "horrible, vicious, selfish and downright smelly things".

On the QB it has always seemed that we had the cream of the crop when it came to a cross section of the human race. Ths kind of turnover can bring out insecurities in us all and unfortunately there are always a few who will strike out in helpless anger. The majority of the folks here on the QB GREATLY appreciate all the hard work you are doing Patrice. I for one would never have been able to handle it all as graciously as you have! How much chocolate has it taken for you to get through to today? Keep your chin up and remember how many people appreciate all the work you are doing!

The change to a cream background helped a lot with the glare and it looks very classy. Larger font helped too and I really love the quilty looking grey diamond background. Each new day seems like they are working out more and more kinks.

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 11-05-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: dyslexic typing
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Patrice: Thanks so much for your posting, I think it was/will be appreciated by all of us who have chosen to hang in there and struggle through the learning process. I think many people have lost sight that our moderators, etc. did not develop the Web sight, Web Developers did! Don't shoot the messengers! They had input and from what I can see their input included looking out for our members who are challenged which is something the developers would not of thought of. Patrice you mentioned member safety being a priority--I don''t know about the rest of you but I value my personal information..I have been on this sight for approx 2 months and there have been 3-4 (maybe more) and there have been questions about a coule of PM's and whether or not they may of been scammers. When I was working we went through big computer changes at work quite frequently and I plan on doing juust as I did then. Muddle through it until it feels like something I have been doing forever.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:38 AM

I know change is difficult and hard to except. Thanks to all who worked and thought about what needed to be done to upgrade this newsletter. I am having difficulty finding things but over time as I continue to search for information I am sure it will be just as informative and interesting as the previous form.