Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Well said, Gladys.

I've seen several forum change and some gone completely. The worst was when they changed to a different format and lost all the archives. Oh the screams we could hear all over. So I think we should be very thankful that everything we posted is still here.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Patrice, thank you and all the people that have worked hard to get this new board up and running. I believe the old saying, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
That being said, I like the new format. I jumped in with both feet and the water is fine. LOL
Old 11-04-2011, 05:05 PM

Patrice, thank you so much for your hard work & time you spent for all of us on this board. I don't know my way around yet but I didn't when I first joined either. I have been so inspired by so much on this board & have made so many friends & I will learn again just like I did the first time. Thank you again.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:05 PM

we are slowly getting used to these changes, given time most people will come around to the changes, we all thank you for your patience
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Patrice, thank you for your hard work and patience. I know that I had some issues the first day and did a little venting myself - however, I really love the chat room and don't want to lose the new friends I'm making - I hope ppl will be able to calm down and stick with it . Thank you again.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Patrice, I just want to say "thank you"..I know the new board can be confusing but most new things are..even down to our cars, new quilts we want to make and ect..Eventually, I know that the new board will become like those special slippers that feel just right that we like to slip on and get comfortable with
I agree with Diana-Thank you Patrice for your help-Change always takes time to get use to and all the complaining does not help.

It may be nice to have a help page for members to get questions answered. Maybe there already is but I have not found it yet.

Keep up the good work. The site is a great upgrade!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:35 PM

[... there may be many new things that are good, but we got hit over the head with literally dozens of new things to learn at once with no instructions or tutorials to help... i just found out there was an FAQ today..[/QUOTE]

Being that I am in the middle of a HUGE software change at work, of which I could write volumes about it's lack of user friendly design and the dozens of WTF moments while I train my staff LIVE with no hours, with a wonderfully obtuse binder, and video help that duplicates the binder and NO ONE who will listen or answer any questions...

And I am doing this with customers on the other side of my counter. Day after day...
Suffice it to say, THIS MONTH was not the best month for me to have to learn a new website for pleasure!!!

However, it makes SENSE....I may not agree with all of the choices, but I haven't felt the strong urge to take a hammer to the screen, like I do at work...LOL!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM

Patrice...it's nice to see all these great comments about your efforts and all the chocolates, hugs, and whipped cream they want to send your way. If it were up to me, after the week you've had, I would PM you a double bourbon, but I haven't found that button yet...LOL!!

You keep up the good work, and I will try and keep up with my learning end of the bargain. Thanks to you and all involved in the change.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

I haven't been on as much as I use to but, I will as time allows. I'm hacking my way through some and learning from others 'in the know'.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by meemersmom View Post
Patrice...it's nice to see all these great comments about your efforts and all the chocolates, hugs, and whipped cream they want to send your way. If it were up to me, after the week you've had, I would PM you a double bourbon, but I haven't found that button yet...LOL!!

You keep up the good work, and I will try and keep up with my learning end of the bargain. Thanks to you and all involved in the change.
See Patrice I told you to add that extra button We could hit the button and get an extra shot instantly LOL